DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 01-13-2021, 01:46 PM   #41
dblack1
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
My brother is in OKC and on those days they have a line waiting to come in before they open to buy their limit(and clean out everything worth a shit). Then on the weekends those same folks are at the gun show selling it for 3-4x the price.
Gun show here this weekend. I used to be really into handguns and now I rarely shoot. If you have a lot of spare ammo I don't think it's a bad time to sell.
dblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:07 PM   #42
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblack1 View Post
Went there Saturday. I'm in TN 20 miles from Nashville.

The only ammo they had on the shelf was 100 round boxes of 28ga. I don't own a 10ga or a 28ga, have all the rest.

I mean nothing. The guy who unlocked my knife said they have been selling less guns because they have no ammo.
Four miles from my house, Academy has Monarch 12ga #8 2 3/4" in stock $7 a box. Same for Winchester super target loads. Same for the Winchester AA loads. Stock is not huge, but it's there and you can piece together enough for a case or more. Sucks that it's hard to find. I know people who stand in line, but I'm not going to do it. I have what I need from when ammo was cheap.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:33 PM   #43
32vfromhell
Lifer

I refuse to pay high prices, so i have a small stock now and a bunch of stuff on backorder for 223 and 9mm for less than 28c/rd and i guess ill get it when i get it.
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #44
barronj
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
There will be another "mass shooting" within a year or two and they will do whatever they want.
When was the last one? I don't mean Chicago style, and I don't mean 3am strip club style, I mean shoot-the-work-place-all-to-shit style?

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 PM   #45
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vfromhell View Post
I refuse to pay high prices, so i have a small stock now and a bunch of stuff on backorder for 223 and 9mm for less than 28c/rd and i guess ill get it when i get it.
Yea, I'm not paying what it costs now. Fortunately I picked up quite a bit when it was low. PSA was running 1K rounds of Federal/American Eagle for $300 with $50 rebate and sometimes the $350 with $50 rebate for 1K rounds and 10 PMAGS. They would run 45 and 9mm with rebate as well. I always maxed out on whatever the rebate limit was and just stored it.

I saw 5.7 for $99.99 a box of 50 the other day. Almost made me want to sell some of mine...almost.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:59 PM   #46
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
There will be another "mass shooting" within a year or two and they will do whatever they want.
If they don't stop overplaying their hand I suspect the next mass shooting will be a bunch of law makers on Capital Hill.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #47
Grimpala
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
If they don't stop overplaying their hand I suspect the next mass shooting will be a bunch of law makers on Capital Hill.
If only...
Old 01-14-2021, 09:20 AM   #48
barronj
Lifer

People were lined up around the building at Academy this morning, earliest person was there at 5 according to the manager. They open at 9 but they started bringing people through in groups of 3 at 8:30

No price gouging.

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #49
svauto-erotic855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
If only...
What I think is funny is that the Democrats are bringing in tens of thousands of armed soldiers into Washington DC with the assumption that all those soldiers are on their side. It would only take a handful of them going off the rails to completely change the course of the nation's history.

I guess they're forgetting that the National Guard is who shot up the students at Kent State. For all the bitching they do about that they sure do have a short memory
Old 01-14-2021, 09:48 AM   #50
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barronj View Post
When was the last one? I don't mean Chicago style, and I don't mean 3am strip club style, I mean shoot-the-work-place-all-to-shit style?
August 2019 was especially bad. 23 killed and 23 injured at the El Paso Walmart, 10 killed and 27 wounded at a bar in Dayton and then 8 killed and 25 wounded in the Midland-Odessa spree.

Since then typical Chicago club shootings are common but nothing with double digit death counts.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #51
Grimpala
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
What I think is funny is that the Democrats are bringing in tens of thousands of armed soldiers into Washington DC with the assumption that all those soldiers are on their side. It would only take a handful of them going off the rails to completely change the course of the nation's history.

I guess they're forgetting that the National Guard is who shot up the students at Kent State. For all the bitching they do about that they sure do have a short memory
I was just thinking about Kent State the other night while CSNY played in the background.

How long before the people with the keys to the tanks get fed up??
Old 01-15-2021, 06:23 AM   #52
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
If only...
Did you see how easily those people got in there? And remember what happened to the repub congress baseball team? If it's gonna happen, it doesn't look like there's much standing in the way.

All those members here for years saying such a thing would be impossible, because "they" had planned for every scenario. Nope. Reality shows the direct opposite. Looks like the president himself is probably the only one with any security. The rest is all just security theater.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #53
svauto-erotic855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Did you see how easily those people got in there? And remember what happened to the repub congress baseball team? If it's gonna happen, it doesn't look like there's much standing in the way.

All those members here for years saying such a thing would be impossible, because "they" had planned for every scenario. Nope. Reality shows the direct opposite. Looks like the president himself is probably the only one with any security. The rest is all just security theater.
The Capital Police Department has 2000 members, 2 square miles to protect, and a $500,000,000 annual budget. It is also layer upon layer of corruption, incompetence, and politicking. They are a police force in name only.

I used to live next door to Congressmen Ralph Hall; no guards or security was at his house ever. Congressmen Jeb Henserling was a client of mine and there was ZERO security at his house. The only people to ever screw with a congressmen or senator at their house has been ANTIFA. The same thing can be said for every single federal judge including ones on the supreme court. I can see a Justice being knocked off pretty soon by a leftist.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #54
Broncojohnny
Lifer

One of the guys I work with went to a retreat with some well to do real estate people at some ranch. Up drove Clarence Thomas in an RV to join in the retreat, just like any other dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:36 PM   #55
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

And off i go this weekend to Big Town gun show.
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:13 PM   #56
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
One of the guys I work with went to a retreat with some well to do real estate people at some ranch. Up drove Clarence Thomas in an RV to join in the retreat, just like any other dude.
AFAIC, These SC Justices are some of the most important people in our country. They should have better security than what they get.
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #57
Jimbo
Lifer

Quote:
I was just thinking about Kent State the other night while CSNY played in the background.

How long before the people with the keys to the tanks get fed up??
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen naturally. Many in the latest generation are born and bred on statism.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:51 AM   #58
dblack1
Lifer

Gun show here this morning.

At 8:20 there were at least 500 people in line to get in. It is snowing and 34*. It doesn't start until 9.

There's usually people there before it starts, but not in line. People are really worried right now.
dblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:06 AM   #59
bubbaearl
Time Served

the fucking national guard at kent state were a bunch of rotc wanabes . remember the guard back then was just a way to dodge nam and get a check . we called them weekend warriors . they should have been fried for opening fire .
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:48 PM   #60
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblack1 View Post
Gun show here this morning.

At 8:20 there were at least 500 people in line to get in. It is snowing and 34*. It doesn't start until 9.

There's usually people there before it starts, but not in line. People are really worried right now.
I'm hoping to go tmrw and find a Kimber 1911 at Big Town !!!
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
*ur a fag lol, beto says “lolz”, china joe says hi, cliff notes lolz, common sense gun laws, nay is fapping, no guns for felons, talisman voted 4 biden, texas flips blue in 2022, you fag