Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt le 6921 le trade in 899.99

Seems like a pretty good deal.

With a 14.5" barrel wouldn't these fall under NFA rules? It looks like a standard flash hider and I doubt that it is permanently attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      With a 14.5" barrel wouldn't these fall under NFA rules? It looks like a standard flash hider and I doubt that it is permanently attached.
      you are correct. I don't think it's super hard to have it done though.

Comment

That's really not that bad.

Silver solder is considered permanently attached, you can just have someone solder it on with an acetylene torch.

Any muzzle attachment such as a compensator, choke device, muzzle break, etc., is not included in the barrel length
        measurement unless the attachment is permanently affixed to the barrel. Acceptable methods for permanently attaching a device to a barrel are deep penetrating, full fusion, gas or electric steel seam welds or high temperature silver solder."
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So is it safe to buy one from the site, or would it all be for naught? I guess I'm confused about the NFA angle here.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
            So is it safe to buy one from the site, or would it all be for naught? I guess I'm confused about the NFA angle here.
            It's going to transfer through NFA means as an SBR until its either removed from the registry and has a pinned flash hider put on or some other longer upper added to be sold as a title 1 gun.

Comment

Could you not simply have them ship the upper and lower separate? When the upper arrives pin it on a pistol lower and then do whatever with the other lower, good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                Could you not simply have them ship the upper and lower separate? When the upper arrives pin it on a pistol lower and then do whatever with the other lower, good to go.
                The lower is the SBR so it'll transfer via the NFA process. You could put a 20" upper on it right now, but it'll still transfer as an SBR.

Comment

Working...
                X