Back Surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    Welcome to the club yall, I have degenerative disc disease and the l4-l5 is @30%, the l5-s1 is @10% remaining. I deal with the severe sciatica on a daily basis, a stabbing pain in the right hip with a sensation similar to lava being poured down my right leg and couldn't feel the right 2/3rds of my right foot. It was bad enough for a few weeks in June that it almost cost my new job at FedEx because I couldn't walk.

I've had 6 injections, done countless hours of PT. In the end, I've found that the more active ones am, the less pain I experience. I'll be a prime candidate for disc replacement and fusion in the near future.
    I am looking to have a fusion done in the January/February timeframe, as well. My doc talked me out of disc replacement in the lumbar region. Too many complications when the artificial disc fails, according to him.

Aside from what you described above, I hope you're doing well buddy!
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      I am looking to have a fusion done in the January/February timeframe, as well. My doc talked me out of disc replacement in the lumbar region. Too many complications when the artificial disc fails, according to him.

Aside from what you described above, I hope you're doing well buddy!
      Dang, you beat me to the punch. Are artificial discs not done at the same time as the fusion? I was under the impression that it/they were.

Comment

Working...
      X