Halloween decorating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween decorating?

Anyone here get big into decorating for Halloween?
    My 11yo daughter is a little bummed because her friends didn't invite her to go trick or treating with them so I'm thinking of decking the house out and have her help, and we can hand out candy together and scare kids. Something for her to brag to her friends about. Do any of y'all do it big? I'm thinking of turning the front yard into a realistic haunted grave yard. Fog machines, lights, sounds, and shit. I'm pretty good with building with foam so we will do some wild head stones and some other crap.

Hook me up with some pointers.

We use to go to Party City in Lewisville to get decorations up until a few years ago. Don't even bother with that these days. We now just get dressed up in costumes and sit out at the edge of driveway, so the kids/parents can walk by and we just hand out candy. In terms of scaring the kids, I usually wear the killer outfit from the movie "Scream". I can hit a button and what looks like blood comes pouring through the mask. The parents laugh and the kids get a big kick out of it.

Comment

Dress up as Predator, make appropriate laser and voice, and ask kids if they want some candy. Extra points if you can pull off the vagina mouth.

Comment

Decor can be had at home depot, target and Wal-Mart. Those big inflatables are getting popular.

Sounds like your daughter has shitty "friends". Or she's the shitty friend. Or worse...her friends parents are overly religious and they don't let their kids halloween.

Comment

Dress up the kid as a mummy or scarecrow and have her sit in a chair or bench on the porch. Once her "friends" show up to trick or treat........"BOO"!!!

Comment

Target has a bunch of decorations. Lots of skeletons including animals.

CN

Comment

when I was a kid, we would make a scarecrow and sit it on a hay bale with pumpkins and other fall type decor around it. Then on holloween night I would dress up the same, pulled the scare crow down and sat on the hay bale with a bowl of candy in my lap, scaring the crap out of kids ( and their parents that had seen the same scene every day for two weeks) when they came to grab candy from the bowl.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

One of the BEST things I ever did for Halloween was with a couch that we were getting rid of. I gutted the inside and sat it near the sidewalk, on bricks. I got inside and laid the cushions on top. All it looked like was a worthless couch sitting near the sidewalk. So, after the kids would get their candy they would have to walk by the couch. My friend would say "Happy Halloween" and that was my que to jump put and scare the crap out of everyone! Good times!

Comment

Your next door neighbors house as is will top anything you put out, I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                    Your next door neighbors house as is will top anything you put out, I guarantee it.
                    post a pic of said house.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                      Wait until SVO sees this
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

He said "as is" so I'm assuming the next door neighbor's house is terrible looking without any decorations. Maybe he lives next door to the addams family.
                        WH

Comment

Working...
                        X