Need a new rewards credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
    Chase Sapphire Reserve has a 50k sign up bonus (it was 100k when I got it but looks like that promo is over). 450 annual fee but they reimburse you for $300 worth of travel expenses (hotels, flights, cabs, etc.) you also get reimbursed for global entry and you get a priority pass lounge membership. 3x points on travel and dining.

If you're getting a card then you would be dumb to pass up a bonus like that. For example you could fly in a Singapore airline suite for like 57k points ($8,000 value).

EDIT: If you wont be doing much travel then I would suggest the lower tier Chase Sapphire Preferred. Same bonus only 95 annual fee and 2x on travel and dining.
    I have the Sapphire Reserve card, and it's the best rewards right now for those who travel. If the OP isn't traveling though, one of the 3/2/1 cards would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I got this one last month and got a $70 Amazon gift card for signing up. I used it on my first order.
      I got this one on a similar deal, but a long time ago when it was 3% back. I do buy a shit-ton of stuff there tho.. Just had a delivery of dog food and a 3 pack of fertilizer/weed killer/crab grass killer, and a new wallet all with points, and have a bunch left over! My philosophy is, if Amazon is close in price for the items I want, compared to driving and standing in line, I'll let them ship it to me. Some items they are too high on, but they are really competitive on most everything.

On a side note, some Discover cards also collect points you can use on Amazon, in case you use Discover. You may have pints stacked up already!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Amazon Prime rewards visa. Get 5% on Amazon purchases, 2% restaurant/gas and 1% everywhere else.
        This is what I use. Paypal sent me a credit card that I did not request that has essentially the same rewards program.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          If you dont use your miles...sell them. Online brokers will buy them for a good rate. Im guessing you could get $4k for your miles
          I've had a lot of friends try to buy them from me. We will eventually use them and it's not worth $4k to me if we sold them considering I could buy as many as 16 tickets with them. We flew two adults and three kids to a wedding in Maryland a couple of years ago for a cost of $55 (service fees). We've got 5 kids now and I think I'd be more likely to fly for another vacation if I wasn't coming out of pocket for 6 or 7 tickets.

We've got two kids in diapers right now but I'm hoping we'll be able to do some traveling once the youngest (3 mo) is a bit older.

Comment

Damn dude, try pulling out every now and again!

Comment

It's because...Mustang.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Need a new rewards credit card

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Damn dude, try pulling out every now and again!

We're a blended family. She had two, I had 1, we had 2 together. I'm getting snipped soon and I'm terrified and elated at the same time.

Comment

Citi double cash back 2% rewards for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                    We're a blended family. She had two, I had 1, we had 2 together. I'm getting snipped soon and I'm terrified and elated at the same time.
                    From what I gather, frozen peas are your friend.

Comment

Apparently the 100k sign up bonus is still good until March 12th when you apply at a chase branch.

While the online offer for the Chase Sapphire Reserve is now 50k points, you can still nab a 100k bonus if you apply in-branch —?but only for a few more weeks.

Comment

I really need to switch my Capital One card( had that card since 2001). They dont allow upgraded. But i dont spend on c.c..

Comment

I like the rewards I get from my Capital One Venture card, paid for 3 trips roundtrip flights last year for 5 people each trip.

Comment

Okay, so I activated an Amazon Prime trial month. I charged something using my Amazon card. It automatically upped my cash back to 5%!

Comment

Working...
                            X