No announcement yet.

2006 FedEx Monte Carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, the engine sits in place! I am having to move the oil filter assembly, as it was interfering with everything. Still a long way to go, but I reached a milestone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

The detail is just amazing.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Do you show these cars?

Comment

Everything goes awry at some point. This was all designed to use the kit motor mounts. Get the engine in, which had to come back out to fix a few issues, then I got to looking at the front suspension. With the oil lines and the kit location of the engine, the steering is impossible to set up. After mulling it over for a while, I decided to forge ahead. This set up is completely inaccurate and wouldn't function. Hopefully it doesn't cost me too much during judging. Lots of clean up and touch ups to do, but here it is.

In this picture you can see the nut/bolt detail for the steering box

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
            Do you show these cars?
            This one is being built with intention of entering it in the MCMA Showdown in Frisco the first weekend in March. I think there are one or 2 more local shows, including the state fair that I may try and hit.

Most everything else I have going right now is headed for the Showdown as well. The only other build that will get a lot of detail will be my Bronco. Once my upgrade parts show up, I will start showing updates on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              This one is being built with intention of entering it in the MCMA Showdown in Frisco the first weekend in March. I think there are one or 2 more local shows, including the state fair that I may try and hit.

Most everything else I have going right now is headed for the Showdown as well. The only other build that will get a lot of detail will be my Bronco. Once my upgrade parts show up, I will start showing updates on that one.

You should definitely win then!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                You should definitely win then!
                You would be surprised at the level of detail and quality at these things! I have only been to one other competition. It was the showdown in 2007. I took 4 models I think. I only placed with one of them. A box stock Dale Earnhardt silver select build. I am sure most of the reason I placed was due to the paint quality. It will be interesting to see, if I can get this thing finished up!!

I tend to cut a few corners when it comes to painting. Instead of breaking out the airbrush for painting things like a-arms, or as I am scratch building, I brush paint. It generally gives an acceptable finish, however, it would be much better if I took the time to set up my airbrush.

I need to break down and set up a spray booth and pick up an air tank to use in the house.

Comment

I see NASCAR must be your thing, you do others? I know your doing the big Camaro as well, anything else?

Comment

For those of you on facebook, I just created a page for my builds. With the idea of selling my builds and taking on commissioned builds, this should help increase my potential customer base. I plan to share how-to's, build tips, and maybe some videos in the future.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I got a little work done on the rear end tonight. The rear end itself needed to be filled. I used a combination of styrene rod, styrene tube, super glue, tamiya white putty, and bondo glazing putty. Once it is primed it should be good to go. The "pumpkin" was painted with a rust red color and pro tech PE bolts were added. The close up shot is an app i am trying out to show detail better. Hopefully it works!

Comment

Just thinking out loud here, so I can get an idea of what is left.

Items on the way:

Racing seat (this thing is bad ass, wait until you see it!)
                        Shock decals (penske racing shocks)

Items I need

More fittings (I lost a whole effing pack of machined aluminum fittings)
                        Decals - I need a new bowtie for the hood and also need to double the door and roof numbers. Decals for tire detailing
                        Photo etch parts - window braces, brake rotors

That should cover everything I need. I hope, shipping is beginning to get expensive...

The front suspension came apart this morning. I decided to modify the a-arms/spindles. They would not accomodate coil springs, so, I thinned the spindles. Springs will now fit! I also wasn't completely happy with the way the steering and swaybar connected to the a-arms. That will all get slightly re-worked and re-detailed.

Rear suspension/driveline needs primed and painted. Springs and shocks made, fittings and lines ran, driveshaft made, little details added, then it is ready to go in

Interior needs damn near everything..

I'm starting to feel like I am running out of time! I also feel like I am short changing details. Like the oil tank. I'm planning to use the kit tank, which is less than stellar. I haven't found a good source for an oil tank. At least not without buying $50 in little aluminum parts and hoping something works. So, painted plastic it is...

Comment

I started buttoning up the rear end assembly last night and this morning. Still need to add a belt for the pump, a few lines, the spring cups, and brakes then it is ready to go in!

Comment

I got a little work done on the #11 car today. Trying to get the rear suspension ready to install. Brakes are finally sorted out. I had some machined aluminum rotors on hand, so I made some "caps" out of styrene to hold the lug studs. I made the axle ends from some aluminum rod. These were tapered by hand with a file and cleaned up with 400 grit paper. Calipers and brake lines are on. It is ALMOST ready for its permanent home. I have some pictures to set up a step by step/how to on how I created the styrene caps. I'll post that to my model facebook page tonight or tomorrow so be on the look out for that.

Comment

Nice rear end
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

It is getting there. I hope to have it permanently installed by the end of the week. It is getting down to crunch time. Just about 5 weeks to the showdown and there is still a ton to do on this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X