Clear All

• YETI drops the NRA?!?!

Think this will be the end of YETI?

http://outlivetheoutbreak.com/yeti-d...=socialnetwork

DATE: April 20, 2018
    TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President
    For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.
    These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.
    Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn’t sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
    outdoor recreational and educational programs.
    The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.
    In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

Pelican - US made, lifetime warranty.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Pelican - US made, lifetime warranty.
      After seeing the abuse pelican cases survive in the military, I bought Pelicans coolers before it was cool. I’ve always thought Yeti was overpriced shit especially if you compare closure latches. I can throw a stock Pelican in any TX River go tubing all day and it come out unscathed. A Yeti will put all your beer on the bottom of the river after the first rapids.

Comment

That letter is cowardly. Who cares why yeti isn't sticking around. NRA sounds butthurt and that letter makes them sound like they need yeti more than yeti needs them. I highly doubt that's the case but the poor me attitude and "oh it's for the kids" makes them sound like pansies. Nut up and move on without trashing someone along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          After seeing the abuse pelican cases survive in the military, I bought Pelicans coolers before it was cool. I’ve always thought Yeti was overpriced shit especially if you compare closure latches. I can throw a stock Pelican in any TX River go tubing all day and it come out unscathed. A Yeti will put all your beer on the bottom of the river after the first rapids.
          Pelicans are not cheap either, but they always are good for their cases and coolers. Buy once, cry once. They even let me keep the old 65 qt, sent a new one. Just had me drill a tiny hole in old one (not even all the way through) just so could not do a warranty claim on it again.

US Made, where the Yetis have to request US made.

RTIC is best bang for the buck in the cooler market - but I always try to by American if I can.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Everybody dropped Igloo like they has AIDS when this crap came out. But Igloo was there back in the day keeping those hotdogs cool at the park, while tio got thegrill hot. Igloo kept the beer lukewarm in the truck bed at that pasture party. Igloo was a make shift saw horse, who cares if you hit it with the circular saw, the cokes are still good to go.

All we own are igloo's and that how it'll always be.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Predicting backfire in 3,2,1...
              Man, how can that not know the demographics of their customers.. Wheres the popcorn..
              And if I was the owner of their competitor, I'd be beating on the NRA's door to sponsor them..
              Last edited by dcs13; 04-23-2018, 11:37 AM. Reason: added

Comment

I think it's funny about the amount of people upset over a company's decision on whom to do business with yet preach about freedom of rights. The people are basically contradicting themselves.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  I think it's funny about the amount of people upset over a company's decision on whom to do business with yet preach about freedom of rights. The people are basically contradicting themselves.
                  Absolutely false. They surely have the right to publicly announce who they do not support just like we as consumers have the right to refuse to do business with them. They feel they can make it just fine by becoming political, I chose to spend money on those places who keep their traps shut and stay out of political bullshit agendas. They can say whatever they want. Doesn't mean it won't come without consequence.

Comment

YETI's comical attempt at taking a political stance is possibly even less relevant to an ordinary American such as myself than those spouted off by Hollywood celebrities and professional sports figures.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      Absolutely false. They surely have the right to publicly announce who they do not support just like we as consumers have the right to refuse to do business with them. They feel they can make it just fine by becoming political, I chose to spend money on those places who keep their traps shut and stay out of political bullshit agendas. They can say whatever they want. Doesn't mean it won't come without consequence.
                      But how do you know it's political? Did YETI say it's political? We get mad at everyone politicizing everything, but Yeti never said it was political. In fact, Yeti didn't even make a statement about it. The NRA chose to make it political and cry without giving any real information.

If you try to find both sides of the story here you'll also read things like this:
                      YETI in no way severed their business relationship with the NRA Foundation or any other NRA entity, and the only thing YETI changed was an across-the-board “legacy” discount program that was not unique to the NRA
                      Some of their sponsored hunters (e.g. Adam Greentree) have been posting stuff today saying YETI have not made an official statement, but in direct conversations with YETI they were basically told this:

Sounds like the NRA is being a bitch and trying to strong-arm YETI into making decisions based on politics instead of what's good for their business. There are thousands and thousands of companies out there that are very vocal in their disdain for the second amendment - everyone should talk shit about them all day long. But taking second hand info from a customer of a company because they feel a little slighted is not the same thing, and definitely does not warrant the same reaction.

Besides, the NRA does not monopolize gun advocacy around here, and as long as someone supports 2A rights then IMO they can talk all the shit they want about the NRA. They're the same guys who bent over on the bumpstock shit and hung us out to dry.

Comment

I've been waiting all day for YETIs response...given that they are headquartered in austin... I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Let's see how they spin it!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          But how do you know it's political? Did YETI say it's political?
                          Eh, you are right, but does seem a little suspect, and who knows if Yeti would be honest regarding their reasoning.

Comment

Ft Worth cooler company. Made in U.S.A.
                            High quality roto-molded coolers made in the USA, soft coolers, bags, drinkware and gear. Shop Bison Coolers for hunting, camping, marine, hiking, fishing, tailgating and more.

Comment

Currently on their facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                              X