anyone here make smoothies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here make smoothies?

every now and then, I'll make a smoothie for bfast or sometimes dinner. It's a quick way to fill me up than just a plain protein shake. It consists of the following...

blueberries (small handful)
    raspberries (small handful)
    strawberries (about 5)
    banana (half if I have them)
    yogurt (4-5 oz.)
    a little bit of almond milk
    vanilla whey protein
    1/4 cup oats
    ice

question is, are there any vegetables that can be mixed in there that will not screw it up? I don't eat vegetables unless it's lettuce, tomato and pickles on my burger so It would be great to somehow get more veggies in. I've even tried drinking a V8 and I can't stomach the tomato smell.

What about a veggie shake? It has to be sweet though and can't smell like tomato juice.

V8 fusion ingredients, can probably make them into a smoothie

Strawberry Banana contains the juice of 10 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, beets, white grapes, oranges, apples, strawberries, bananas, banana puree.

Peach Mango contains the juice of 8 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, yellow tomatoes, yellow carrots, carrots, white grapes, oranges, peaches, mango puree.

Pomegranate Blueberry contains the juice of 8 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, purple carrots, tomatoes, carrots, apples, white grapes, pomegranates, blueberries.

Açai Mixed Berry contains the juice of 8 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, purple carrots, carrots, apples, white grapes, açai, blueberries, limes.

Cranberry Blackberry contains the juice of 7 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, purple carrots, carrots, apples, white grapes, cranberries, blackberries.

Goji Raspberry contains the juice of 11 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, carrots, purple carrots, apples, white grapes, oranges, goji, cherries, strawberries, red raspberries, blackberries.

Concord Grape Raspberry contains the juice of 7 vegetables and fruits: sweet potatoes, purple carrots, carrots, white grapes, apples, Concord grapes, red raspberries.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Rob makes them for him and his wife, and they do some that are all veggies I believe. Yellowstang is his screen name.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

rough measurements:

1 1/2 cup of almond milk
        1/2 a frozen banana (sliced prior to freezing)
        3-4 frozen strawberries (halved prior to freezing)
        5-6 sliced cucumbers
        handful of frozen kale

throw them in a cup and use an immersion blender til smooth

good shit

Comment

cucumber, kale, and celery are good veggies that work well in smoothies IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X