Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two I have left.

Comment

• Get that 69 going already. I’m a motivator, dammit.

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
      What are we using to post pics these days?
      Im using Flickr. Much better than crappy photobucket.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Get that 69 going already. I’m a motivator, dammit.

The wagon has to go first. Then the 37 IH is on the frame table blocking it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
          No mustangs but I do drive a 5.0L that is faster than both of my 5.0 mustangs were.
          Definitely faster than it was when I had your old car!

No Mustangs here

Comment

• No. F150.

Comment

That pace car looks bad ass!
              Thanks! I need to get it out and about. I bought it in 1998 and I have never spent much time with it. It needs a lot of TLC to get it truly road worthy, though it would never see much more than the occasional trip to Sonic or a local cruise.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Slow
              That's no lie! It's a little 260ci V8 with the C4 "cruise-o-matic".

Comment

• That little 260 is easy to hot rod and with that short stroke, they like to rev. Cam and a 4bbl would wake it up and still look fairly stock.

Otherwise I’d make sure the suspension is happy and put a dual-reservoir master cylinder on it if it still has the old jelly jar and drive it.

Comment

That little 260 is easy to hot rod and with that short stroke, they like to rev. Cam and a 4bbl would wake it up and still look fairly stock.

Otherwise I’d make sure the suspension is happy and put a dual-reservoir master cylinder on it if it still has the old jelly jar and drive it.
                  This thing is staying bone stock. It'll get a concourse restoration some day...

Ford built 190 of these cars and there are around 12-14 documented still existing. When I found this car, the seller had another person interested. The other guy was buying a Mustang for his 16 YO son and the son was excited to get it home so he could restomod it. The seller was glad I came along...

Comment

• Dang, I knew they were rare but I had no idea that so few survived. Bone stock is right. Kind of a big responsibility to own such a piece of history. I’m honestly not sure what I would do with that kind of artifact. The temptation would be strong to sell it to finance a regular one that I could modify and drive the crap out of. Lol

Comment

Dang, I knew they were rare but I had no idea that so few survived. Bone stock is right. Kind of a big responsibility to own such a piece of history. I’m honestly not sure what I would do with that kind of artifact. The temptation would be strong to sell it to finance a regular one that I could modify and drive the crap out of. Lol
                      Check this one out - one of the three original convertible Pace Cars:

The top destination for sales and consignment of classic and muscle cars. With everything from muscle cars, hot rods, to exotics. Drive your dream home!

The other two were rumored to have been destroyed not long after the race.

I'd love to have an older Mustang to play with but I don't have time at this point in my life. My '92 is currently being revived from a few too many years without the TLC it needs. I haven't driven it in over 18 months.

Comment

• Holy crap. Guess I haven't been paying attention to my pace car facts. Now I REALLY wanna see that thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
                          bird_dog0347, are you running irs on the notch?
                          Yup, IRS and MM coil overs all around.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I'm using Imgur now for hosting, but if you use chrome or firefox you can install a plugin that allows you to see the old photobucket linked pics still so old threads will still work for you.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              I'd love to have an older Mustang to play with but I don't have time at this point in my life.
                              You realize you could have a beautiful, turn key classic Mustang if you swap that pace car to the right person? And it would get the restoration it deserves.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                You realize you could have a beautiful, turn key classic Mustang if you swap that pace car to the right person? And it would get the restoration it deserves.
                                Yup. I bet it'd be an even swap for a well-built convertible or fastback, depending on the pace car's current condition.

Comment

Working...
                                X