I have a 19lb brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
    I understand not cooking by time but I have to have an idea of how long so that I may be finished on time to serve to the 30+ people that are coming.
    If my 12-13 lb'er took 9 hours, then I'd shoot for 12 hours for a 19lb'er but still go by internal temps. You can always keep it wrapped and warm if it gets done sooner.

Comment

Go buy a $20 wireless thermometer to guarantee you hit
      190, regardless how long you cook it.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Go buy a $20 wireless thermometer to guarantee you hit
        190, regardless how long you cook it.
        Have this one

QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Good. Then start cooking at 225 for about ten hours and then throw it in the oven till its done to eliminate the possibility of not being able to.maintain the heat for that long.
          Last edited by mstng86; 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
            I am going to assume you meant "heat range" and yes, I will be keeping it around 200-225.
            Yes, sorry, on my phone and didn't notice the autocorrect.

Time tables are just to give you a rough estimate on how long it might take. Usually the more you smoke the more you know how long it will take to smoke certain cuts and sizes of meat on your smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

so how'd you do with the brisket?

Comment

It turned out good, out of the ~31lbs I only had about 3lbs left. Forgot to take pics.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Rafa smoked two on Saturday and they came out badass! That new smoker he got from A+ worked flawlessly.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Rafa smoked two on Saturday and they came out badass! That new smoker he got from A+ worked flawlessly.
                    A+ story!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

thanks brah

I'm going to have to put in a 2nd rack in there. I tried to smoke both of them in there, but I ended up putting the other in the oven. It's not a big smoker, but I got it cheap. I smoke one for a few hours and swap with the other, not the best way, but only way I could get a decent smoke for both. One side of brisket was getting hotter due to it being almost up against the firebox. Gonna measure to see if I can put in a 2nd rack.

Comment

Working...
                      X