Legal SBR that requires no stamp???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Is it possible the thing is over 26" fully extended but with an under 16" barrel? Does the nfa say 16 AND 26, or 16 OR 26?
    16 or 26. Less than either is an sbr. Someone elsewhere mention length of pull, but I don’t know who that defines anything.

Comment

Is it possible the thing is over 26" fully extended but with an under 16" barrel? Does the nfa say 16 AND 26, or 16 OR 26?
      Nope. A rifle can have a 20" barrel but have a total length of 25.9999999 inches and it will legally be an SBR.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The ATF treats the NFA as a moving target. Today's "loophole" is tomorrow's felony.

Comment

Have we seen the other side of the weapon yet?

I wonder if the ejection port is further back... like a bullpup.
          (where the "barrel" is actually 16 inches)

If so, why not just buy a friggin bullpup?

Just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks at this point....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
            Have we seen the other side of the weapon yet?

I wonder if the ejection port is further back... like a bullpup.
            (where the "barrel" is actually 16 inches)

If so, why not just buy a friggin bullpup?

Just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks at this point....
            I don't know how they could get around claiming an 11.5" barrel if it were actually 16".
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

The way a barrel is measured is with a gauge that is inserted into the breach until it touches the bolt face. Being under 16 inches is very obvious.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Every time a new loophoel gun comes out I get more and more annoyed with the NFA, the GCA, and the unwillingness of congress to fix those two stupid laws.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Every time a new loophoel gun comes out I get more and more annoyed with the NFA, the GCA, and the unwillingness of congress to fix those two stupid laws.
                  The laws are just laws, they are not broken but they are kind of useless.

Comment

New story is the rifling of the barrel. The lands and grooves are not spiraled which they claim bypasses the definition of rifling in a Rifle so not a Rifle. Someone else also claimed 4/5” moa

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      New story is the rifling of the barrel. The lands and grooves are not spiraled which they claim bypasses the definition of rifling in a Rifle so not a Rifle. Someone else also claimed 4/5” moa
                      Let's assume that is true. How would anyone tell the difference between a "firearm" with this "rifling", and an actual SBR? Most law enforcement couldn't tell the difference; hell most gun owners couldn't. Companies would start turning out these new barrels like crazy and the two would be hard to tell apart. Doesn't that almost void the NFA for intents and purposes? Law enforcement, and the BATFE specifically, doesn't have the manpower to examine the rifling of every SBR or "short firearm" they come across. The NFA and GCA are so stupid and pointless it is hard to put into words.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Let's assume that is true. How would anyone tell the difference between a "firearm" with this "rifling", and an actual SBR? Most law enforcement couldn't tell the difference; hell most gun owners couldn't. Companies would start turning out these new barrels like crazy and the two would be hard to tell apart. Doesn't that almost void the NFA for intents and purposes? Law enforcement, and the BATFE specifically, doesn't have the manpower to examine the rifling of every SBR or "short firearm" they come across. The NFA and GCA are so stupid and pointless it is hard to put into words.
                        How does law enforcement know of anything nfa unless you get in trouble with it?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          How does law enforcement know of anything nfa unless you get in trouble with it?
                          When I was getting into nfa stuff people online seemed paranoid about traffic stops for minor things like speeding, and law enforcement showing up at ranges checking stuff either randomly or because someone called and reported what they thought was an illegal weapon. Never had an issue with any gun during a traffic stop, personally. Never seen law enforcement check anything at any range I have ever been to in the 3 states I have lived, but I assumed that paranoia exists for a reason, maybe in less gun friendly states? But my poinrt was more in line if you did get stopped for anything and they asked about the gun, if it was an illegal sbr you could just say has one of those legal non-rifled rifled barrels. How would they prove it wasn't short of a firearms expert being called?

Comment

Paranoia and gun owenership are usually dating partners for a lot in the hobby.

How will they know? Not a clue. How do they distinguish your brace isn’t a stock, your front grip is to vertical on your pistol, or your rifle is a now a pistol?

Comment

Details in link.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Comment

Not sure if the details are the same as I haven't had time to do a side by side comparison but I just finished reading this.

Read: Franklin Armory's Reformation Revealed from Mike Searson on January 23, 2018 for Recoil.

Interesting way to skirt around being an NFA SBR.

Comment

Working...
                                X