Any cubscout/scout people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cubscout/scout people

Just curious if anyone is involved with cubscouts. I am leading one of my sons dens and its kind of engulfed our life the last year. Ive got two sonsnin them now and we are hoping they learn alot of things i didnt get to learn as a kid.

I was just wondering if there were any scout alternatives for my son. A little more casual and no stupid uniform. That uniform alone has to be responsible for a 25% reduction in enrollment.

Comment

my son (who had no idea what it was) came home with a flier, but they were too stupid to put the address on the damn thing, so I figured it wasnt meant for us to go.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        I was just wondering if there were any scout alternatives for my son. A little more casual and no stupid uniform. That uniform alone has to be responsible for a 25% reduction in enrollment.
        Lol. I am with you there. I am leading a lions den(kindergarteners) and They wear a tshirt and i wear a polo. The leaders of the older boys all have to wear a uniform and i am really not looking forward to that.

But dont let poor taste in clothing rob your son of some good times and fun. I really was hesitant of it all until my 8 year old did it for a year. He really has benefited from the program and had a lot of life experiences in just one year.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        my son (who had no idea what it was) came home with a flier, but they were too stupid to put the address on the damn thing, so I figured it wasnt meant for us to go.
        Wow that sucks to hear. I know we hold the recruitment meetings at the local school. If you want me to get contact information for that pack, just let me know. There might be more packs in your area too. Ones that know how to make a proper flyer.

Comment

LOL yeah there are two in alvarado from what I hear. I may try to find one in Midlothian next year, seems like the level of intellect there is a touch higher. He's a momma's boy, and he doesnt want to "do" anything.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Just curious if anyone is involved with cubscouts. I am leading one of my sons dens and its kind of engulfed our life the last year. Ive got two sonsnin them now and we are hoping they learn alot of things i didnt get to learn as a kid.
            Been there, done that. Be wary of the parents that don’t contribute. They will rely on you to parent their kids and suck away your time and money.

Comment

I've been leading my son's Den for 3 years now (He's Arrow of Light currently). It's been a great experience for my son as well, but pack leadership makes ALL the difference. It's hard to get parents to help - which is why I sacked up to be the den leader. I'd much rather sit on the side and let someone else do it, but if I want it done right I figured I had to participate.

I don't mind the uniform, I'm too old to care what anyone thinks of what I'm wearing.
              DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Lol. I am with you there. I am leading a lions den(kindergarteners) and They wear a tshirt and i wear a polo. The leaders of the older boys all have to wear a uniform and i am really not looking forward to that.

But dont let poor taste in clothing rob your son of some good times and fun. I really was hesitant of it all until my 8 year old did it for a year. He really has benefited from the program and had a lot of life experiences in just one year.

Wow that sucks to hear. I know we hold the recruitment meetings at the local school. If you want me to get contact information for that pack, just let me know. There might be more packs in your area too. Ones that know how to make a proper flyer.
                My son will certainly have good times and fun, but it may just not be in that nerdy uniform lol. I've still got a few years to figure it out but it's certainly nothing I would keep him from doing if he wants to. The time commitment is what I would be more concerned with.

As is... hes super into cars and things that go so I hope we can just do karting together. But hes 2 so that can quickly change.

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                I've been leading my son's Den for 3 years now (He's Arrow of Light currently). It's been a great experience for my son as well, but pack leadership makes ALL the difference. It's hard to get parents to help - which is why I sacked up to be the den leader. I'd much rather sit on the side and let someone else do it, but if I want it done right I figured I had to participate.

I don't mind the uniform, I'm too old to care what anyone thinks of what I'm wearing.
                I think you hit the nail on the head...the decision makers are too old to go for decent looking uniforms.

Comment

I had my oldest in last year, but he had to miss one day. I tried to contact the den leader by phone and email to find out what he missed. I did not want him to be behind in what they were doing. They never replied to me and of course the next meeting we were not prepared for what was going on. That was enough for me. They were very disorganized with everything going on. So that was the end of that. Never went back.

CN

Comment

My son will certainly have good times and fun, but it may just not be in that nerdy uniform lol. I've still got a few years to figure it out but it's certainly nothing I would keep him from doing if he wants to. The time commitment is what I would be more concerned with.

As is... hes super into cars and things that go so I hope we can just do karting together. But hes 2 so that can quickly change.

I think you hit the nail on the head...the decision makers are too old to go for decent looking uniforms.
                    I didnt mean to make it sound like you arent havig fun already. Ill say that we are doing things i would have not consider showing my kids before and ive learned things here and there i wasnt aware of.

You dont have to wear the unifrom all the time. We wear pack tshirts at alot events.

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                      I had my oldest in last year, but he had to miss one day. I tried to contact the den leader by phone and email to find out what he missed. I did not want him to be behind in what they were doing. They never replied to me and of course the next meeting we were not prepared for what was going on. That was enough for me. They were very disorganized with everything going on. So that was the end of that. Never went back.

CN
                      That is on the leaders and it sucks they left a bad taste in your mouth.

Everyone is pretty much right, the leadership is the key factor in having a successful experience.

Comment

When I was with my last GF her son was in scouts and I was very involved. The other parents not giving a damn drove me nuts but being able to pass on my values and teaching them to shoot made the headache worth it.

Edit: Is anyone bothered by the thought of me having an influence on your son?
                        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          When I was with my last GF her son was in scouts and I was very involved. The other parents not giving a damn drove me nuts but being able to pass on my values and teaching them to shoot made the headache worth it.

Edit: Is anyone bothered by the thought of me having an influence on your son?
                          Fiction doesn't tend to scare me.

Comment

Maybe you could CNC him a pack of friends to go camping with!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Maybe you could CNC him a pack of friends to go camping with!
                              How about I cnc your fat ass some chips?

Comment

Working...
                              X