Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 "Black Air" Buick GN Documentary - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Black Air" Buick GN Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Air" Buick GN Documentary

I know some of you would be interested in this...not much info has been giving and their wasn't much of a budget last I heard. As soon as I hear screenings I'll post them up.

Here is the trailer.

Here is the link to the movie
    This website is for sale! gnmovie.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gnmovie.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Prob won't be worth it but I'll prob watch it
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

How can it be bad....it's about Grand Nationals!

Comment

If they address the backroom politics that took place at GM during the GN vs Corvette debacle it might be interesting.

Comment

I hope they release it before I die from old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
            If they address the backroom politics that took place at GM during the GN vs Corvette debacle it might be interesting.
            Backstory?
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
              Backstory?
              As I recall, there was a "rule"(unsure whether written or unwritten) at GM that the corvette would be the fastest car built every year. When the GN was being made, the corvette wasn't.

Comment

To add to that....GM had a major problem with ANY GM car producing more horsepower than the almighty Corvette.....the 83 Buick Regal Sport Coupe (4bbl 3.8 Turbo) officially made between 175-190 HP depending on what review you read. In 84 when Buick switched to SFI they announced they could EASILY produce anywhere from 200-230 HP even without an intercooler (they settled on 200 to not piss off Chevy). In 84 The Cross-Fire 350 made 205 hp/290 ft-lbs. The Buick made 200 hp/300 ft-lbs and could beat the Vette down the track. In 85 Chevy added Tuned Port Injection to the 350 and pulled 230hp/330ft-lbs out of it. Buick left the 85 GN alone and waited for 86 to add a new intake, bigger turbo, and an intercooler. To not piss off Chevy TOO much Buick installed a very tame chip in the 86 GN and T-Type and rated it at 235 hp/335 ft-lbs and again it beat the Vette (along with the EVERYTHING else) down the track. In 87 Chevy claimed the Vette made 240hp/340 ft-lbs...so Buick changed the ECM chip to produce a slight bump in power (245hp/355 ft-lbs) and again the Buick spanked the Vette. The TPI350 was having a workout to just barely hang with the little Buick V6. With no other mods...simply changing to a chip which added some slight timing and about 2 psi boost and the GN/T-Type could quite easily run mid 13's. Mine ran 13.6 on a 100 degree day with nothing more than a CHIP and Nitto 555R's.

Comment

Working...
                X