11.22.63 on Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    LBJ was cool, I got to shake hands with him when I was a little kid.
    He was anti gun fuck him.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I own firearms, so if LBJ was anti-gun it obviously hasn't affected me very much. Were you living when he was POTUS, either when he assumed the presidency following the JFK assassination or later by election?
      Last edited by The King; 02-19-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Haha! This is a finctional show and it's led some into political discussions. Can't wait for the second episode.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Kennedy and the times he lived in should remain interesting for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            He wants to prevent the JFK assassination to prevent the Vietnam war.
            If I recall correctly JFK was the president who began putting US solders into Vietnam.

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            Don't want them to pull one off your resume I take it.
            That was good.

Were you a U.S. citizen at the time JFK was assassinated?
            No.

I own firearms, so if LBJ was anti-gun it obviously hasn't affected me very much. Were you living when he was POTUS, either when he assumed the presidency following the JFK assassination or later by election?
            It ain't from lack of trying. LBJ was pissed that the GCA did not outlaw all firearms. He would have done it but Congress would not go along with what he wanted.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              If I recall correctly JFK was the president who began putting US solders into Vietnam.
              I was just stating what happened in the show, I'm no history scholar. The old man said something about LBJ basically starting the Vietnam war.

Comment

It ain't from lack of trying. LBJ was pissed that the GCA did not outlaw all firearms. He would have done it but Congress would not go along with what he wanted.
                So the separation of powers afforded the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches worked as intended. None of this unilateral executive action BS obammy is so fond of when he can't get his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                  I was just stating what happened in the show, I'm no history scholar. The old man said something about LBJ basically starting the Vietnam war.
                  It started during the Kennedy administration.

Comment

Maybe he said something about LBJ placing all the troops over there. Don't make me go watch it again damnit.

Comment

LBJ and later Nixon expanded the U.S. military presence there. Granted the part started by the JFK administration was considered more of a "police action".

Comment

So the separation of powers afforded the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches worked as intended. None of this unilateral executive action BS obammy is so fond of when he can't get his way.
                        He was happy with what he got and predicted that all private gun ownership would be illegal by 1980 using the GCA and the NRA. The only thing that stopped it was some people in the NRA realizing that that the GCA was a trap and they took over the NRA and the fight has been on ever since. In the end the GCA is what will be expanded to take away guns from everyone since it gave the federal government the power to decide who could and could not have guns. It was a bigger Trojan Horse then the actual Trojan Horse.
                        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-20-2016, 04:34 PM.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

You people are fucking idiots. It's a show written off a book by a god damn horror/supernatural fiction author and arguing about what is accurate in the show.

Good first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                            You people are fucking idiots. It's a show written off a book by a god damn horror/supernatural fiction author and arguing about what is accurate in the show.

Good first episode.
                            Historical fiction should stick close to the facts; they don't in this show and that is why it fucking sucks.

Comment

Television is not known for being concerned with facts.

Comment

Historical fiction should stick close to the facts; they don't in this show and that is why it fucking sucks.
                                Where did they mess up at? Time travel?

Comment

Working...
                                X