• Show
Clear All

Cool story David

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Awesome read, man. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That's crazy man, I had a guy a few weeks ago on facebook find me about my first foxbody. Turns out I'm about to buy it back, although it's in WAY worse shape than when I left it. Anyone want to help me drag it from Waco back to Little Elm?

Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Another similar story...

Years ago, another buddy & I took a road trip with with a mutual friend up to Virginia to pick up a car that had been in "real storage" for years and years. The car was purchased in 1970 new as a graduation present for a high school friend. We towed the car back and started the resto. It was a Lemon Twist Yellow 340 4-Speed Duster. The original owner had coated the cylinders, put it on jack stands and let it sit. He was so meticulous that he kept a log of every time he put gas in, what he paid and total gallons, oil changes etc... Car was immaculate!

After many months of rebuilding/restoring, he showed the car and won numerous show awards. Ended up selling it at a National MOPAR event in San Antonio to a guy who just showed up and brought plenty of coin.

Several years later, Bob (buddy who purchased it) and I went to a Mini Nat MOPAR event in Corsicana I believe. We see a car for sale and walk up to it. The current owner starts talking about the history on the car - some true, some elaborated - and Bob interrupts him and starts telling him the correct version. Turned out it was the same car. Bob purchased it back the next day and brought it back to the same condition he had it on previously and showed it again for a year or two. Won best of class in the FW Rod & Custom that year.

Here's Bob and the car

David
          Last edited by cobrajet69; 07-13-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

My first mustang was an 89lx 4cyl vert. I traded it to a guy for my 88 Thunderbird TC, then a few years later turns out I almost banged his daughter who ended up with the car.
            Turns out she was married, and seeing as I had recently become single because my wife was fucking around on me, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Then she almost gave me the car. last time I saw it, it was on craigslist at some shady used car lot. I called and asked a few questions to see if it was really mine, and the guy hung up on me.

I like your story better.

Comment

LOL
              First rule of fight club... NEVER pass up on pussy!

David

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                Anyone want to help me drag it from Waco back to Little Elm?
                I can store it in Waco if it'll help

Comment

Not as cool as the previous stories but a few weeks ago I sold the 352FE from my Merc to a guy off CL. Turns out he knew the guy that owned my wagon before Gonzoss did.

Other than that, in college I sold a guy one of my Mustangs. He robbed a gas station and the cops came storming my house. ha

Comment

Working...
                  X