Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the attorney on here or knows vehicle laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as it's the same engine family with all of the same emission controls the year doesn't matter. For an insurance deal or under an extended service contract in most cases they have to do like kind and quality, meaning same or newer year model with less miles.

If they are a licensed dealer then you have a certain time frame where they have to guarantee it'll pass emissions but other than that as-is means exactly that, they have no liabililty.

As for the salvage yard, their warranty/guarantee is to their customer. You have no recourse against them at all if you didn't pay them directly for the part.

Comment

You're SOL.
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        As long as it's the same engine family with all of the same emission controls the year doesn't matter. For an insurance deal or under an extended service contract in most cases they have to do like kind and quality, meaning same or newer year model with less miles.

If they are a licensed dealer then you have a certain time frame where they have to guarantee it'll pass emissions but other than that as-is means exactly that, they have no liabililty.

As for the salvage yard, their warranty/guarantee is to their customer. You have no recourse against them at all if you didn't pay them directly for the part.
        Again, you can swap a friggin LS1 into a geo metro and as long as it has all of the emissions items that the geo originally had, then you are good.

There is no time frame where it will have to pass emissions either. A Texas dealer can not sell a car off from their lot that isn't already inspected. No inspection = no sale.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

That's was what I am use to. I worked at body shop as mechanic for a little while and that's what I was thinking of. I figured it was a lost cause but can't hurt a man for trying.

Comment

Working...
          X