Things to do in Beaumont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Beaumont ISD and Snyder ISD are two of our biggest clients in terms of revenue. I hate going out there as there is nothing to do in either city.
    Snyder really sucks, I still go to there every once in a while to visit dad and friends. The only thing to do in Snyder is drink, get high, and get girls pregnant. Didn't know Beaumont is so boring as well. What kind of company do you work for?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      there really isnt much there man. try crockett street for dinner and drinks, prolly gonna be your best bet.

god bless.
      Thanks.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      From my memory of that hole, it's a short list.
      Not what I was exactly wanting to read but I am glad we will be there for only four days.

Comment

The best thing to do there is leave, lol.
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          stay fuck out of Port Arthur
          x2
          GHETTO like we don't know in DFW. Just stay out and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
            x2
            I havn't been in "PA", but even alot of the surrounding area is shitty.
            At the gas stations, its a struggle to find a 6 pack with actually 6 beers.
            All the 6 packs of bottles have AT LEAST one beer gone.

I've never seen this is DFW, but apparently its a pretty normal thing there.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

x2
              Man, that sucks with it being that close to the Gulf and all...

Comment

A friend and I visited Beaumont last year and for an adventure, decided to drive through Port Arther at night. It was insane. I was literally in fear of my life. We ran a handful of red lights and stop signs to get the fuck back on the highway.

Comment

A friend and I visited Beaumont last year and for an adventure, decided to drive through Port Arther at night. It was insane. I was literally in fear of my life. We ran a handful of red lights and stop signs to get the fuck back on the highway.
                  When I was 22 we used to roll around Rosedale in fort worth after dark. Saw some humorous stuff, but nothing too wild.
                  I just might have to roll through PA this weekend. You really were in enough fear to run some lights?
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                    The best thing to do there is leave, lol.
                    Hell, I wouldn't even go if I grandmother but I have a feeling I will be ready to leave Monday. lol
                    Originally posted by HarrisonTX
                    Just going off of what I heard from the locals, but it's similar to what you hear about NOLA. Other than the main road where the bars are, everything else is a serious shit hole, and crime is supposedly through the roof. Personally, I've had no reason to make a venture in that area.
                    I know a guy (white) who stopped late night after a show to give two woman (black) a ride. He was held at gun point until two black men showed up. They took his truck, phone, and wallet. He didn't fight back, but they still put him in the hospital. Sure this can happen in any part of Texas though.

From what I understand it's a massive (a relative term) carnival type deal.
                    I considered going, but then again, I don't need to spend $8 on a corn dog
                    Also, there is a pretty good live music scene in BMT. If you'd like to see a show tonight, PM me, and once I get into town (5-7pm, I can point you in the direction)

Crockett street is hit and miss, although I'll be there tonight, probably.
                    Dixie Dancehall is a "country bar"
                    Tequila Rock is decent. The crowd varies depending on the night
                    Star Bar plays pop, and has a dance floor. I've seen it dead, and I've seen it so packed you couldn't move.
                    I've never paid a cover unless there was live music

Also, BMT, and mid-county stinks. The whole area smells sour. Just saying.
                    I didn't know PA was that bad. It was 13 years ago since I had been there and we all fished all night long. Just glad nothing happened to us back then.

I appreciate the offer giving me the heads up on the festival, we will not be able to get there until midnight tonight or a little later. I seriously doubt we will be interested in anything other than bed when we get there. Tomorrow may be a different story though. May hit up the Dixie Dancehall or see what kind of trouble we can find tomorrow night. Beaumont still stinks even with the drought? I knew it smelled bad years ago but figured it was due to raining everyday and high humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      When I was 22 we used to roll around Rosedale in fort worth after dark. Saw some humorous stuff, but nothing too wild.
                      I just might have to roll through PA this weekend. You really were in enough fear to run some lights?
                      There were aggresive blackies EVERYWHERE. Almost like they could sense we were on their turf, approaching the car at lights.

Comment

That whole area is a shithole now since Katrina. I was living in Nederland in 05 when Rita hit. Luckily, that was also the weekend I was moving to Austin. We went back a couple of months later to grab some stuff we left behind. We went to Parkdale Mall and my wife and I felt like a couple salt grains in the pepper shaker.

That is also when PA really went downhill. It is basically a mini version of the 9th ward in NOLA since that is probably the majority of its inhabitants now.

Comment

Working...
                        X