Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the attorney on here or knows vehicle laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the attorney on here or knows vehicle laws?

I know there is someone on here that is an attorney and I have a few questions about auto laws. There is also some very knowledgeable folks on here as well so your input will be greatly appreciated. Please PM if you think it will hurt my case in court if it does need and can go there.

The short story: I bought my wife a used car from a tote the note car lot, they installed an engine in it before I bought it and did a piss poor job on the swap. My question is can I make them buy another engine since it is a "Sold as is" car? What if there is a warranty on the engine from the junkyard? The salesman admitted to their shop installing the engine in the car (verbally) and it has already spun a rod bearing less than a month. They possibly messed up the bearings in the supercharger as well by "sanding" the surfaces on the SC and lower intake, allowing aluminum shavings get into the blower and engine.

My second question is what is the laws on replacing an engine that came from an older car. I know the engine is a 1997 engine and the car is a 2002. I know as an auto tech and TSI inspector the car will not pass inspection with the older engine in it. Who would I have to contact with this law and get it reported?

Cliff notes: I got dry fucked by a car lot and didn't like it. I want to dry fuck the car lot and make them like it.

GearJammer

Comment

If the car was sold "as is" I think you're out of luck. Nice job being cheap.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        Not exactly cheap but if want to call it that then go for it. Won't hurt my feelings any. I am just practical and have a mind set more on customer satisfaction since I deal with customers / clients of my own. Besides that, if you don't have anything useful to say in this thread then move on.

Comment

Fuck it, sue em

Comment

Damn, that sucks. Hope everything works out.
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Good luck. i had the same situation back in 91. They were not willing to work with me at all. i ended up giving the car back and taking the loss. It never showed on my credit report but i did lose about 3000.00$ on the deal. the only thing they were willing to do was install a used engine and ad 2000.00$ to the note.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                Fuck it, sue em
                I am trying to keep from going there since I just quit the oilfield and back to turning wrenches so I am not a baller anymore. Lol.

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                Damn, that sucks. Hope everything works out.
                Yeah it does, Thanks.

Originally posted by beaner72 View Post
                Good luck. i had the same situation back in 91. They were not willing to work with me at all. i ended up giving the car back and taking the loss. It never showed on my credit report but i did lose about 3000.00$ on the deal. the only thing they were willing to do was install a used engine and ad 2000.00$ to the note.
                I did find a Texas Consumer Protection Law, it seems like that may work in my favor as well as the older engine in the car if I can find more info on it. Just have get all my ducks in a row. Have a couple wondering off and need to get rid of a couple ugly ducklings first.

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post
                  Not exactly cheap but if want to call it that then go for it. Won't hurt my feelings any. I am just practical and have a mind set more on customer satisfaction since I deal with customers / clients of my own. Besides that, if you don't have anything useful to say in this thread then move on.
                  Tote the note not being cheap?!?! Ohhw lawwdy!!! Those places don't know the meaning of customer service. If you think all customers are treated the way you treat them then you're dreaming buddy. You went the cheap route and didn't verify if the car was in top notch shape. You deserve it dumbass. Just because you deal with customers honestly doesn't mean these lots will do the same to you.
                  I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                  If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

wilson E. Hodge ...

Tell him his old friend stephen said to call
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Right. I love my wife enough to buy her a car from a lot that doesn't have "EZ" somewhere in the name. Caveat emptor.

Now, pics of this lucky lady.

Fuck, I'm a prick sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Right. I love my wife enough to buy her a car from a lot that doesn't have "EZ" somewhere in the name. Caveat emptor.

Now, pics of this lucky lady.

Fuck, I'm a prick sometimes...

No man, you're just a Dfwm balla!!

Comment

No man, you're just a Dfwm balla!!
                          That's beside the point... a quit eyeballing my Rolex!

Comment

You are screwed. If you signed the as is no warranty paper, then they don't have to do anything. "This vehicle is being sold as is with no warranty expressed or implied, regardless of any written or oral claims by the dealer" I also think that you have your facts wrong about the inspection with an older engine.

Taken from the TxDPS on engines.

FAQs - Engines

Engine Swaps

Rules regulating engine swapping are not make/model specific. The simple rule is that a vehicle must have all emissions components that were present when it was manufactured, which may include:

PCV - positive crankcase ventilation
                            ACL - air cleaner (thermostatic air cleaner)
                            AIS - secondary air injection
                            EGR - exhaust gas recirculation
                            EVAP - evaporative emission
                            CAT - catalytic convertor
                            SPK - spark control
                            FR - fillpipe restrictor
                            O2S - oxygen sensor

Comment

chalk it up to a loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X