No announcement yet.

Gas resistant thread sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have more fittings, hose and hose ends on my cobra than the damn space shuttle. Not a single one leaks. All Earls Ano-Tuff except a few adapters and the Russel low pro 90* -10an orb male hose end.

Nothing on the -an fitting threads and sealing face.

A wrap or two on the NPT threads.

Use orb at all possibilities.

Only use cheap fittings or house brands for weld bungs (on the radiator, heater core, intake, and water pump with no leaks using good hose ends)
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post
      Both. The only one that didn't leak was one metric fitting going into the stock fuel line fitting.
      Are you sure they are leaking at the sealing face or is it the hose going into the hose end that is leaking?

I will add that I us a small dab of antisieze on the sealing face and the threads of the -an stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Are you sure they are leaking at the sealing face or is it the hose going into the hose end that is leaking?

I will add that I us a small dab of antisieze on the sealing face and the threads of the -an stuff.
        Yes sir. No hose anywhere near the fittings and the factory metal fuel line was down hill. Nearly every fitting sprayed fuel under 15 psi on the inlet side and nice steady drip on the outlet side on the regulator. I think the next time I'll keep it simple and run hose barbs and a $5 hose. Cheaper, simpler, and leak free every time.

Comment

Yes sir. No hose anywhere near the fittings and the factory metal fuel line was down hill. Nearly every fitting sprayed fuel under 15 psi on the inlet side and nice steady drip on the outlet side on the regulator. I think the next time I'll keep it simple and run hose barbs and a $5 hose. Cheaper, simpler, and leak free every time.
          Is there any way you are mixing 37* fittings and hide ends with 45*?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, if they are hard lines did you use the correct collar and nut? It's not like a brake fitting where you only have the nut that supports the flare, you've got to have a collar. And the flare angle is very important as well. Can you take a pic of a couple?

Comment

Is there any way you are mixing 37* fittings and hide ends with 45*?

Hell, I have no clue. Just checked again and Summit doesn't list the angles so I figured they were all the same.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Also, if they are hard lines did you use the correct collar and nut? It's not like a brake fitting where you only have the nut that supports the flare, you've got to have a collar. And the flare angle is very important as well. Can you take a pic of a couple?
              The only hard lines I used was the factory feed and return lines, and just used adapters on the factory fittings which are o-ring, the only ones that didn't leak. I have 2 fittings per line to convert it to 3/8 NPT for the regulator and it leaked at the NPT fittings on the regulator and the AN fittings I have to adapt to the metric. Probably confusing as hell to understand.

Comment

If they're listed as AN, then they're 37*, if they aren't specifically listed as AN, then they're probably 45.

Comment

Hell, I have no clue. Just checked again and Summit doesn't list the angles so I figured they were all the same.

The only hard lines I used was the factory feed and return lines, and just used adapters on the factory fittings which are o-ring, the only ones that didn't leak. I have 2 fittings per line to convert it to 3/8 NPT for the regulator and it leaked at the NPT fittings on the regulator and the AN fittings I have to adapt to the metric. Probably confusing as hell to understand.
                  What regulator? Really npt can seal without tape but I would not count on it. If you npt is leaking, I hate to suggest it is a straight thread port.

Comment

I used the cheap ass AN fittings and braided lines on ebay. Im talking cheap as shit, they took a month to make their way from China. Not one leak

Comment

What regulator? Really npt can seal without tape but I would not count on it. If you npt is leaking, I hate to suggest it is a straight thread port.

It's a Holley bypass regulator #803BP. It shows to be NPT which it was leaking on it worse than anything but liquid thread sealer worked good. As long as I don't have to take the damn things apart again, I am happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X