Dallas fallen officers Association raffle A.R. 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas fallen officers Association raffle A.R. 15

A friend of mine built this AR 15 in hopes of raffling it off with the proceeds going to the Dallas fallen officers Association, specifically for those who were killed during the riots in Dallas.
    He got hooked up with the guy who runs the association and thought it was a great idea and it has ballooned since. Lots of bigwigs involved trying to make this happen. If interested please click the link below or if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Mods, if for some reason this does not belong here, please feel free to moderate.

David

That is VERY AWESOME!!!

Comment

WOW, Just WOW.
      I posted that link on my Facebook, and said it was for an Ar15 raffle. They deleted the post that said ar15.
      I got it posted , we'll see for how long

Comment

David, that is AMAZING!
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That is bad ass. If I win it I will probably donate to DPD or a fallen officers wife that is head of a fairly large charity. Is this guy legit? Not trying to be funny but I don't want to post it on a LE only site if there is any question about anything. You can PM me if you like. No biggie I just want to be sure.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
            WOW, Just WOW.
            I posted that link on my Facebook, and said it was for an Ar15 raffle. They deleted the post that said ar15.
            I got it posted , we'll see for how long
            FB deleted it because it said AR15? wtf?

Comment

When did the site go live? Only $120 so far?

I'll chip in for sure if it's legit.

Comment

I'll be buying a few tickets and if I win, I will sell it and donate the money back to the FOF.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  That is bad ass. If I win it I will probably donate to DPD or a fallen officers wife that is head of a fairly large charity. Is this guy legit? Not trying to be funny but I don't want to post it on a LE only site if there is any question about anything. You can PM me if you like. No biggie I just want to be sure.
                  Valid question.
                  Yes, I work with him and he started this with an idea, discussing with his wife one night, then went to the officer who heads the DFOA which will soon be the Texas Fallen Officers Assc. They vetted my buddy, came to our work to discuss as well as ensure he is a regular Joe and is a serious but legit guy. They've already had one showing of the rifle at a charity event with lots of wigs attending. They were working to get Gen Allen West to throw his name in the hat as a supporter but not sure where that is at this point.

Keith (my coworker) has put tons of time into this build but has gotten the support from manufacturers to donate hardware. In fact, many wanted to do more and told him "just give us a laundry list of what you need and consider it done!". The cerakoter and laser folks have a ridiculous amount of hours invested in this particular weapon but if you see it up close, it's really insane and detailed to perfection.

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  When did the site go live? Only $120 so far?

I'll chip in for sure if it's legit.
                  This went live just minutes before I posted up. I told Keith to let me know ASAP so that I could get some interested folks on board as well as the DFWM crew, knowing there may be several here that would be interested. I purchased $100 worth immediately but lots of people will keep the purchases private and wont show.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  I'll be buying a few tickets and if I win, I will sell it and donate the money back to the FOF.
                  Good words brethren. In fact, when this first started and blew up with TONS of interest from other Law Enforcement brotherhoods, Keith told me that he would "offer a suggestion" to have whomever wins it to donate back to the DPD for officers to use on the training coarse.
                  Somewhat reluctantly, I told him that if I win, I would probably keep it but may loan it out for special events to Law Enforcement or just to the DPD to use. I'm sure any one of them (officers) would love to just throw a few rounds through it just to honor their fallen officers, not to leave out the DART officer that fell that night too and is honored in this memorial piece.

Thanks guys and good luck!

David

Comment

Here's another weapon Keith is building for a CHP Officer who is a friend of his. This guy's wife is actually buying it for her husband as a surprise birthday gift (yeah, what a wife, right?).

David

Comment

Bought mine.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        Valid question.
                        Yes, I work with him and he started this with an idea, discussing with his wife one night, then went to the officer who heads the DFOA which will soon be the Texas Fallen Officers Assc. They vetted my buddy, came to our work to discuss as well as ensure he is a regular Joe and is a serious but legit guy. They've already had one showing of the rifle at a charity event with lots of wigs attending. They were working to get Gen Allen West to throw his name in the hat as a supporter but not sure where that is at this point.

Keith (my coworker) has put tons of time into this build but has gotten the support from manufacturers to donate hardware. In fact, many wanted to do more and told him "just give us a laundry list of what you need and consider it done!". The cerakoter and laser folks have a ridiculous amount of hours invested in this particular weapon but if you see it up close, it's really insane and detailed to perfection.

This went live just minutes before I posted up. I told Keith to let me know ASAP so that I could get some interested folks on board as well as the DFWM crew, knowing there may be several here that would be interested. I purchased $100 worth immediately but lots of people will keep the purchases private and wont show.

Good words brethren. In fact, when this first started and blew up with TONS of interest from other Law Enforcement brotherhoods, Keith told me that he would "offer a suggestion" to have whomever wins it to donate back to the DPD for officers to use on the training coarse.
                        Somewhat reluctantly, I told him that if I win, I would probably keep it but may loan it out for special events to Law Enforcement or just to the DPD to use. I'm sure any one of them (officers) would love to just throw a few rounds through it just to honor their fallen officers, not to leave out the DART officer that fell that night too and is honored in this memorial piece.

Thanks guys and good luck!

David
                        Thanks for the answer. Sounds good.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The work looks good, but the design on that CHP handguard and the rifle color is a bit much for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            The work looks good, but the design on that CHP handguard and the rifle color is a bit much for my taste.
                            Concur!

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                              Concur!

David
                              It has been met with good support so far in a couple of places and should take off. I was in class with a bunch of DPD guys today and shot a few the link. They were digging it.

While a bit bright and out there it would be a fantastic gift to the right person or on display at DPD. It is a very nice piece of work and the general public would really dig it I think I think. Not really a gun I would throw in the rack!
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X