Cattle group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
    We raise black Angus, If there is some serious interest here I will be hauling some 500-600# calves off to the sale in the next 60 days. No growth hormones and pasture raised.
    Lack of interest isn't an issue whatsoever. What we're waiting on is for someone to get off dead center and pony up an actual price so we know how much we're looking at once split up into how ever many people are going to commit. You're the second or third person who has offered to sell some, but we're all still waiting for a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
      Lack of interest isn't an issue whatsoever. What we're waiting on is for someone to get off dead center and pony up an actual price so we know how much we're looking at once split up into how ever many people are going to commit. You're the second or third person who has offered to sell some, but we're all still waiting for a price.
      Prices are going to vary from week to week depending on beef prices, you can't expect someone to give you a price and it still be valid a month from now when you all decide to get together and finally do it. Price will generally go up as everything starts to green up, as of right now anything coming off my place will be around a $1.10/lb.
      The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I'd LOVE to give you a real lesson on how to choke someone.
        Don't let me get passed that third chin and lock down.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Don't let me get passed that third chin and lock down.
          You are no match for Fat Fu.

Comment

I'm glad to see that this thread hasn't gained too much moomentum.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              I'm glad to see that this thread hasn't gained too much moomentum.
              I chuckled.

Comment

Beef was at $1.86 a lb last month at the sale barn, highest my dad has ever seen it. He's been raising cattle for 61 years.
                -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
                  Prices are going to vary from week to week depending on beef prices, you can't expect someone to give you a price and it still be valid a month from now when you all decide to get together and finally do it. Price will generally go up as everything starts to green up, as of right now anything coming off my place will be around a $1.10/lb.
                  I never said we expected to receive a written quote that was good for 30 days. If no one can even give a ballpark price on what they would be willing to sell for then there is absolutely no point in even trying to work a deal like this because we will never get anywhere. I think everyone understands the economics of the cattle industry enough to know it is has volatility just like any other supply and demand marketplace. Thanks for the rough estimate on where you are at this week. Do you have an average weight or any that you are looking at going to slaughter with that you know what their weight is already?

Oh, and just fyi, the stock market has cattle and grain prices coming down right now, reportedly due to some of the political unrest in the world. Looks like April's forecast is around 1.1355.

Comment

Working...
                  X