Simple and quick dips/sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple and quick dips/sauces

I figured we can trade a few simple and quick sauces. Here is a simple one dip that I really like.

2 or 3 packages of Philly cream cheese
    1 or 2 tins of anchovies
    1 package of FRESH baby spinach

Place your cream cheese into your food processor, process until it is fully creamed, open the tin(s) of anchovies, and poor the oil from it(them) into the cheese, blend fully until smooth again. Next, put in the anchovies and pulse until they are broken up, but NOT blended. Next, add the spinach and pulse after each handful until the complete bag is used. Take care not to over blend. You are aiming at getting the spinach down to roughly the size of corn kernels.

The anchovies add all the salt needed and give it an nice earthy taste that doesn't overpower the overall taste. If you like the dip with a stronger/saltier taste, add two tins, lesser only one. Same with the extra package of cream cheese.

It makes a nice dip, but I also use it many times in recipes that call for cream cheese, like stuffed peppers, etc.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

I like to make this green sauce when I make carnitas. It's good on tacos, tortas, nachos, or just to dip chips in.

Green Sauce

Ingredients:
    3 medium-sized green tomatoes, coarsely chopped (you can substitute yellow if you can’t find green ones, but never use red)
    4 tomatillos, cleaned and chopped
    1 to 2 jalapenos, stemmed and coarsely chopped
    3 small garlic cloves
    3 medium-sized ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
    4 sprigs cilantro
    4 green onions
    1 tsp. of salt
    1 1/2 cups of sour cream

Combine chopped tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapenos and garlic in a saucepan. Bring to a boil (tomatoes provide the liquid), reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tomatillos are soft.
    Remove from heat and let cool.
    Place tomato mixture with the avocados, cilantro, green onions and salt in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
    Pour into a bowl and stir in sour cream.

Makes 4 to 5 cups
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Got this from the Texas Hunting Forum, tried it, and it was pretty good. Very easy and quick to make.

Jalapeno/Cilantro Dip
      4 jalapenos (seeded if wanted less spicy)
      1 bunch of cilantro
      1 cup of sour cream (or to taste)
      1 cup of hellmans mayo (or to taste)
      1 packet of ranch dip mix

Dice up the jalapenos and cilantro and mix with the other stuff...i use a food processor.

Comment

I like to do this one when watching some football games:

1 Block Velveeta
        1-Can Wolf Brand Chili
        Jar of Salsa (your choice)

I'll add some pepper & ms. dash while constantly stirring it while on the stove until melted.

Good Dip for crackers or chips.

Comment

Working...
        X