No announcement yet.

Gout,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure I've got gout for the first time. The urgent care took blood to test my uric acid levels, and should confirm in 24-48 hours.

Holy fucking shit is it painful. I've got it in the big knuckle at the inside base of my left big toe. Walking is extremely difficult, as I have to put all weight on the outside edge of my foot or my heel, and that's just making the rest of my foot and leg hurt. The pain is awful at all times and doesn't fade away, but then once every few minutes I'll get an even worse shooting pain that I can only describe as being stung by a big nasty hornet, and that will last 10 seconds or so. It's ungodly. They gave me Indomethacin and Prednisone. Just started on them. I hope they start working soon.

Red meat and liquor are two of my favorite things. Always have been, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened before. I've been doing low carb for the past several months, which has just meant even more meat than usual, so that may be part of it.

I would only wish this on a fucking terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Pretty sure I've got gout for the first time. The urgent care took blood to test my uric acid levels, and should confirm in 24-48 hours.

Holy fucking shit is it painful. I've got it in the big knuckle at the inside base of my left big toe. Walking is extremely difficult, as I have to put all weight on the outside edge of my foot or my heel, and that's just making the rest of my foot and leg hurt. The pain is awful at all times and doesn't fade away, but then once every few minutes I'll get an even worse shooting pain that I can only describe as being stung by a big nasty hornet, and that will last 10 seconds or so. It's ungodly. They gave me Indomethacin and Prednisone. Just started on them. I hope they start working soon.

Red meat and liquor are two of my favorite things. Always have been, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened before. I've been doing low carb for the past several months, which has just meant even more meat than usual, so that may be part of it.

I would only wish this on a fucking terrorist.
      Yes gout sucks. Wish we could give it to all of ISIS.

I take indo (75mg ) and it takes about 1.5 hours to kick in. I usually take them before bed, because they make me sluggish and dizzie.

Mine has gotten worse, I can't really drink beer at all anymore.

My doc prescribed me (1) cherry juice bottle (before) two beers..

Oh and for Liquor, this cherry juice mixes well with Vodka too. Its got lots of sugar in it, so you can't just live off them, but it helps for the drinkin'

I actually am having a spell myself, been limping all day.
      WRX

Comment

Good gawd it sounds terrible. Suddenly my sore knee doesn't seem like a big deal anymore.

Comment

I'm still sore and limping, but it feels 100 times better today than it did yesterday. Thank goodness!

Comment

I'm still sore and limping, but it feels 100 times better today than it did yesterday. Thank goodness!
            When having a severe flareup. If you go to the doctor and they give you a steroid shot, you can only imagine the brutal pain that comes with that. The needle is several inches long and they go all the way into your joint until it touches the bone and then inject, pull it out find another spot to do the same thing until it covers the entire tendon area. I'm telling you this is some of the worst pain you could ever experience!

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              When having a severe flareup. If you go to the doctor and they give you a steroid shot, you can only imagine the brutal pain that comes with that. The needle is several inches long and they go all the way into your joint until it touches the bone and then inject, pull it out find another spot to do the same thing until it covers the entire tendon area. I'm telling you this is some of the worst pain you could ever experience!

David
              I go to arthritis dr for mine he has recliners and hook you up to an iv with steroids in it. I walk out a lot better then I walked in. Meds have done wonder and haven't had major attack in years

Comment

I feel for you and and laugh at this also. I never would have thought in the early two thousands I see a thread with the word gout in it in the title.

Comment

Is Gyro still alive? He's now pushing 70

Comment

My blood tests came back today, and they said my uric acid levels were smack dab in the middle of the normal range. Go figure. They said it's possible that it is still gout, but it does seem strange.

They said the other thing it would be is a fracture. I can't imagine how I would have done that.

It was feeling better yesterday, like maybe a 3 out of 10 on the pain scale, whereas Wednesday it was a solid 10. Today it's back up to a 7 or so.

Sucks!

Comment

Dang man..

Comment

My blood tests came back today, and they said my uric acid levels were smack dab in the middle of the normal range. Go figure. They said it's possible that it is still gout, but it does seem strange.

They said the other thing it would be is a fracture. I can't imagine how I would have done that.

It was feeling better yesterday, like maybe a 3 out of 10 on the pain scale, whereas Wednesday it was a solid 10. Today it's back up to a 7 or so.

Sucks!
                        Serum uric acid levels are often normal during an acute attack. Just avoid protein for a couple weeks and stay well hydrated.

Comment

I'm not sure if I experienced gout for the first time or what...

A couple of weeks ago, I had to mow a yard that was way overgrown. Unfortunately it was about 3pm when I started so the sun was out in full and it was HOT!. I had to weed eat the entire yard once to cut down half of it, then I had to mow it twice to get it down to a decent heights. By the time I did the front and back, the front cut grass had dried enough to mow it the second time and not bog down the mower. Needless to say I'm sure I was dehydrated.

I normally drink plenty of water daily so not sure where this falls in the picture. Anyway, the next day, my big toe was sore like a motherfucker! Couldn't walk on it or even bend it as if I was walking. It stayed that way for at least most of that day. It eventually went away on it's own. My first thought was that maybe I jammed it by walking too much but I don't really know.

Comment

I'm not sure if I experienced gout for the first time or what...

A couple of weeks ago, I had to mow a yard that was way overgrown. Unfortunately it was about 3pm when I started so the sun was out in full and it was HOT!. I had to weed eat the entire yard once to cut down half of it, then I had to mow it twice to get it down to a decent heights. By the time I did the front and back, the front cut grass had dried enough to mow it the second time and not bog down the mower. Needless to say I'm sure I was dehydrated.

I normally drink plenty of water daily so not sure where this falls in the picture. Anyway, the next day, my big toe was sore like a motherfucker! Couldn't walk on it or even bend it as if I was walking. It stayed that way for at least most of that day. It eventually went away on it's own. My first thought was that maybe I jammed it by walking too much but I don't really know.

Comment

Holy shit fuck it’s back. Donkey dick fuck stick magoo cunt fire hell!!!

Comment

Holy shit fuck it’s back. Donkey dick fuck stick magoo cunt fire hell!!!
                                I feel your pain, I had a pretty bad attack when I was back on a keto diet, and took a break from it and lowered my drinking down to only the weekends, and I've been pretty lucky so far and it hasn't come back.

Honestly drinking more when the pain is there, is one of the only things that made the pain temporarily go away

Comment

Working...
                                X