Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with a 2005 Navigator with a bad engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    ls1 swap?
    4bt?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I will give you 401$

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
        Care to elaborate on that?
        New cars will be so cheap, nobody will want to buy used again.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          blake, send me info, picts, etc.
          Yeah man, I'll see if dad can send me some pics today.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
            The used car market is going to tank by up to 50% in next couple of years.

put it on craigs list and pray
            Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            Care to elaborate on that?
            Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            New cars will be so cheap, nobody will want to buy used again.
            I was reading about that the other day. The people "in the know" are speculating that the cars coming off lease will flood the used car market, thus driving down prices on a massive scale. Along with that, new car sales will fall due to the large gap in price of a new vs used.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

4bt?
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I was reading about that the other day. The people "in the know" are speculating that the cars coming off lease will flood the used car market, thus driving down prices on a massive scale. Along with that, new car sales will fall due to the large gap in price of a new vs used.
                Which means I will be even more tanked in my turd....

Comment

Was there a huge surge in new leased vehicles within the last few years or something? That's the only way I could see lease returns significantly impacting used car values.

Comment

Friend of mine is in the same boat with a 2008 Scion TC that just shit the bed so I'm watching this lol.
                    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Was there a huge surge in new leased vehicles within the last few years or something? That's the only way I could see lease returns significantly impacting used car values.
                      I'm obviously not in the car business but I would think new car prices have reached the point that the only way many people can afford a new car is to lease it.

I'd be interested in what CJ has to say on the topic.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Comment

So yeah, pretty much that:
                          ...a combination of record-high lease returns in 2017 and 2018, combined with rising interest rates could imply that the auto bubble is on the precipice...

Comment

It seems like your lower dollar cars might be fine (2-6k).

Comment

Maybe we should start a new thread, but here it is anyway. We are outgrowing our current vehicle and have been looking into upgrading. We are about $2500 upside down so I've been trying to wait for that to even out a bit, as well as be in a position to buy where we don't have to finance out to 72 months and be in the same position if the need arises to trade it in. What do the guys here "in the know" have to say about this kind of situation? Am I better off to trade now and take the hit, or wait until later in the year and hope my current cars value doesn't take a huge hit?

Comment

I'm not a car expert by any means, but my philosophy (and it's worked for me) is that I do tons of homework before I buy. I study and research to get what I want/what's best for me at the best price. Then...I roll the shit forever. I bought a Toyota T100 in '96. Sold it in 2013. Bought a Toyota Sienna in 2004. Sold it in 2014. Bought a Ford Edge in 2010. Wife is still driving it now even after I put an engine in it (used) last summer. Bought my Focus ST in 2014, and I'll be driving it for many years or my son will. I bought my Mustang used in 2002, and I still have it.

Basically, I would figure out what vehicle is going to work for you for a very long time. I'd do whatever I could to get into it so your payment is going towards something you'll keep. Pay it off, and then roll it as long as you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X