You guys be careful with your firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    It seems that Roy was killed by his own old west style Colt .45 LC. I'm not sure about the exact model, but he was known to have a love for old style guns. This would explain how it went off just tossing into the glove box...
    That's a single action gun, you would have to cock the hammer, and then pull the trigger. I can't see how that could happen tossing it in a glovebox? I'm a little confused.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      That's a single action gun, you would have to cock the hammer, and then pull the trigger. I can't see how that could happen tossing it in a glovebox? I'm a little confused.
      I'm not to sure on exact model since the wife is in charge of the info and it has come down through the grapevine and you know how that goes. He had a large collection of older guns and loved the old west type revolvers.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah if it's a .45LC then more than likely it's single action. The only popular .45LC capable gun I can recall possibly used for carry would be a taurus judge.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The new Rugers are drop safe, but first and second gen SAA Colts are not. I don't know about the Pietta/Uberti clones, but I would think they have some kind of drop safety.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            The new Rugers are drop safe, but first and second gen SAA Colts are not. I don't know about the Pietta/Uberti clones, but I would think they have some kind of drop safety.
            Ah, okay makes sense. I got to thinking talking to patrick, must have hit the hammer on the back of the glove box pretty hard.
            Last edited by CJ; 07-02-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X