Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    ^^^^^

I have been talking about using mild .38spl loads. The issue I am referencing to doesn't happen with .357mag loads.
    An excellent repositioning of the goalpost, sir. Just capital.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Go re-read my post.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          Go re-read my post.
          Why? Did you change something?

Comment

Lol svo, you just sound silly now.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

My bad....I saw where you said you "roll my own loads" and assumed you were also having the issue with your hand loads.

Winchester lists that load at 800fps....I seriously doubt that the expanding gases from the burning powder charge have reached their maximum volume coming out of a 4 1/2" pistol barrel. So therefor the velocity of the bullet would continue to increase in a rifle barrel for a given distance and would require even greater friction to overcome the the increased velocity gained to bring the bullet to a stop in the barrel. The only time I've ever heard of a bullet getting stuck in a barrel was due to failure of the powder charge to ignite or having an incomplete burn. My only personal experience with this was with some very old shot gun loads. The primer failed to ignite the powder charge and the wad stopped about 6" from the muzzle with all the shot leaving the barrel. Granted there is far less friction due to it being a smooth bore but there was still enough velocity from the 209 primer to send 1oz of lead out of a 26" barrel.
              Last edited by elPolloLoco; 07-05-2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                I'd love to have a caliber matched set of single action and lever action. Preferably in 45lc. But my FIL's marlin in 41mag is a tack driver out to 170 yards. Respectable for a pistol cartridge
                I've long wanted a lever gun in 41 to go along with my smith but they are not easy to find and usually pretty pricey compared to the other calibers. I wish marlin had produced more of them.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I have a Rossi Ranch Hand, their McQueen mares leg knockoff, in 357 /38. It's a fun little pistol. It has trouble chambering the cheap ammo, but it is tight and pretty smooth. Even the short 12" barrel keeps it pretty quiet and it seems accurate enough. I would definitely recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                    I have a Rossi Ranch Hand, their McQueen mares leg knockoff, in 357 /38. It's a fun little pistol. It has trouble chambering the cheap ammo, but it is tight and pretty smooth. Even the short 12" barrel keeps it pretty quiet and it seems accurate enough. I would definitely recommend it.
                    I want to SBR one.

Comment

• Yeah, actually putting it on target isn't the easiest with the bobbed stock. I am about sixty miles from Canada and I have been told they can put a full length stock on it with no issues up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                        Yeah, actually putting it on target isn't the easiest with the bobbed stock. I am about sixty miles from Canada and I have been told they can put a full length stock on it with no issues up there.
                        They don't have an NFA.

Comment

• They do have this rather bizarre law.

Comment

Working...
                          X