Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    just being picky, but thats a typo 30.07 is OC and 30.06 is CC
    I worded it poorly. My meaning was that 30.07 was equivalent to 30.06, but for OC.

Comment

Originally posted by turbopaez View Post
      Well this was the first time ever shooting some one and felt like shit the whole day thinking I might get in trouble. The guy was shot 3 times. 1 in the arm, 1 in the chest and 1 in the leg. It was all over the news. He was in critical condition all that day and news cast and police didnt think he was going to make it. I shout him with a xds 45 and as if today they still have my weapon.
      Somehow I missed your post. Did the guy live? If so, where is he now? Hopefully in jail or only recently released.

Also it should be a crime and they need to have to face charges if they take your gun. Either that, or they have to provide you with a backup if you say its your only gun, and they've only got 1 week to borrow yours or they have to buy you a brand new one. And if non of this is complied with, someone goes to jail at the end of that week. Need to put the pressure on these assholes.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Somehow I missed your post. Did the guy live? If so, where is he now? Hopefully in jail or only recently released.

Also it should be a crime and they need to have to face charges if they take your gun. Either that, or they have to provide you with a backup if you say its your only gun, and they've only got 1 week to borrow yours or they have to buy you a brand new one. And if non of this is complied with, someone goes to jail at the end of that week. Need to put the pressure on these assholes.
        I agree with you there, it is complete bullshit the police can just confiscate your gun and never give it back because it was legally used.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          I agree with you there, it is complete bullshit the police can just confiscate your gun and never give it back because it was legally used.
          I've thought about this scenario before, you know the POS's are going to want it. Might do to hand it over to a neighbor or a buddy before they get the chance. Or though some means, make it inaccessible to them. Its not theirs, and they've got no business with it anyway. They've been told what happened, and its all pretty plain to see and was a clean legal shoot. Pound sand if you want my gun. Hell I'd probably just hide it and tell them that.

You might just put it back in your gun safe which is bolted to the floor, and when they ask for it, simply tell them no. Its not like they're going to cut open the safe to get it.
          WH

Comment

Loosing a $500-$1,000 pistol to the legal system should be the absolute least of your worries if you have to use deadly force.
            Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-16-2015, 06:54 AM.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Loosing a $500-$1,000 pistol to the legal system should be the absolute least of your worries if you have to use deadly force.
              This is why I always buy a cheapo for just around the house...Maverick 88 comes to mind.
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

This, for sure.

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                This is why I always buy a cheapo for just around the house...Maverick 88 comes to mind.
                So the gun you depend on most is a cheapo? Kidding. I have an XD and Mossburg 500 for home defense.. Nothing too expensive or fancy.

Seriously though, it sucks that they confiscate the weapon, and IMO, if you have already acknowledged you shot, and that was the weapon you used, why would they need it for evidence?

I do think it's kind of silly to expect the PD to provide a loaner though. That would be something I would ask a friend for, if I couldn't afford to buy something in the interim.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  This, for sure.

So the gun you depend on most is a cheapo? Kidding. I have an XD and Mossburg 500 for home defense.. Nothing too expensive or fancy.

Seriously though, it sucks that they confiscate the weapon, and IMO, if you have already acknowledged you shot, and that was the weapon you used, why would they need it for evidence?

I do think it's kind of silly to expect the PD to provide a loaner though. That would be something I would ask a friend for, if I couldn't afford to buy something in the interim.
                  You would likely be prevented from buying one from a dealer until it was cleared up in two years because you could be found guilty of a felony.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Agreed.

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                    Cheap and reliable don't always go hand in hand though.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      You would likely be prevented from buying one from a dealer until it was cleared up in two years because you could be found guilty of a felony.
                      Good point. Then I am glad I have more than one firearm for home protection, or, as I said, I would look to borrow one from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Cheap and reliable don't always go hand in hand though.
                        I think if there was an argument around this point - it would be with pump shotguns. Some of them just keep on working and don't fail as long as your arm is not broken.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          I think if there was an argument around this point - it would be with pump shotguns. Some of them just keep on working and don't fail as long as your arm is not broken.
                          True. Same could probably be said for revolvers. But honestly, I try not buy cheap guns which is probably why I don't have that many (not that what I have is ultra expensive). I think the cheapest thing I own for home defense is a Taurus Model 85. And I keep that more for sentimental reasons and it wouldn't be my go to gun for defending my life.

Comment

In reality, it probably would be, after I just shot someone. But there is still the principle of the thing. I shot someone because I didn't feel like I wanted to be robbed, and now the "law" just gets to come around and do it legally? Hell why didn't I just help the thief carry the stuff out of my house and load it up in his pickup? Fuck them, they have no right or any business with the gun. What exactly, do they need it for? We all know they are looking for any excuse they can to take guns away from people, and it may be legal for you to tell them to get bent, I don't know.
                            WH

Comment

Took my CHL class last night and signed up with Texas Law Shield while I was there.

The Garland attack prompted me to get off my procrastinating ass.

Comment

Now you just got to actually carry. I never do. Just wanted the option. Its a pain because too many places wail like an infant if you have one. If I start carrying, its going to be fuck them all unless they're courthouses or some such. I can't be bothered, and don't have time arm up, then disarm, then arm, then disarm, over and over and over just because I got out of the truck somewhere that is run by bleeding vaginas. All the while worrying whether some unworthy liberal piece of filth is going to spy your piece while you move it around. And call the police, and then because they're generally a bunch low IQ'ers, they harass you.

Besides we all know that rather than face death in one of these full retard establishments, we'd all much rather just shoot the prick, and face the consequences for having a gun in the building.

They do not make this easy. They make something very simple, very difficult.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X