Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sophisticated 'Xagent' Malware for Stealing Passwords and iPhone Backups Now Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophisticated 'Xagent' Malware for Stealing Passwords and iPhone Backups Now Targets

A new version of Xagent, malware reportedly created by Russian hacking group APT28, has been discovered, and this version targets Mac users. As...

The Mac version of Xagent is described as a backdoor that can be customized to do things like log passwords, detect system configurations, execute files, take screenshots of the display, and access iOS backups stored on the Mac.

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/02/14...-targets-macs/

The Mac version of Xagent is described as a backdoor that can be customized to do things like log passwords, detect system configurations, execute files, take screenshots of the display, and access iOS backups stored on the Mac.
    As much as I hate this, all of those "Apple Elites" who liked to throw "There aren't any viruses for Macs" sure are getting to eat crow. The more popular the OS comes, the bigger the target.

Comment

While I understand what you're saying, I've taken a part-time gig doin malware research and I have a greater disdain for these asshats that I had before.

Comment

Working...
      X