Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn! That’s friggin awesome

Comment

• My body must be in hibernation mode for the winter because I can't lose fat for shit! I've been up 10lbs sitting at 193lb. I'm back in the groove with weight lifting and I'm satisfied that I retained all my lifting gains after coming off my supps. Either my size has decreased, which was to be expected, or this 10lbs increase is making me appear that way.

Trying to up the cardio and clean up my diet some. This time last year I was down to 183 but that was taking a really good fat burner. I'm trying to get there again without the fat burner since it's not something I can take long term.

Comment

• I have been helping a few people and almost all think long and slow cardio is the way to lose weight. HIIT workouts and weight lifting are far better for weight loss and take a lot less time. Diet is key to losing weight and if you are over 35-40 intermediate fasting seems to work well for the majority of people.

Some of you guys have some impressive weight loss and lifting numbers. Keep it up

Comment

• Yep, diet is key in the long game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Yep, diet is key in the long game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            For me, diet is the biggest. If I am dieting and in turn reducing calories, I get weaker, I can tell in the weights. But I shed fat pretty well and can still maintain 75% in the gym. When I am eating, smartly, I can gain strength (certainly my TRT helps there) at a nice and steady rate.

I had bloodwork done today:
            178lbs dressed in winter clothes
            BP was 120/80 and I haven't taken a BP med in well over a month.
            I'll know my cholesterol numbers in a day along with my T

But I have had so many compliments. Even my blind as a bat Grandfather says he can tell by the shape of my blur to him that I in great shape. My brother came to visit me yesterday and was shocked yet again at how good I look. I went to buy new suits and shirts the other night. I am gonna rock the fuck out of it on this cruise next week.

Fighting a couple minor injuries. Knees are doing some funky shit when I am laying down on my side; walking, lifting etc feel fine. Slightly pushed too far last week and have slight shoulder pain in the right...still did shoulders yesterday and feel okay, just not great. I have some tennis elbow or something in my left forearm that has prevented me from doing biceps and some back (pull) exercises in over a month. I tried a brace yesterday...didn't help.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
              For me, diet is the biggest. If I am dieting and in turn reducing calories, I get weaker, I can tell in the weights. But I shed fat pretty well and can still maintain 75% in the gym. When I am eating, smartly, I can gain strength (certainly my TRT helps there) at a nice and steady rate.

I had bloodwork done today:
              178lbs dressed in winter clothes
              BP was 120/80 and I haven't taken a BP med in well over a month.
              I'll know my cholesterol numbers in a day along with my T

But I have had so many compliments. Even my blind as a bat Grandfather says he can tell by the shape of my blur to him that I in great shape. My brother came to visit me yesterday and was shocked yet again at how good I look. I went to buy new suits and shirts the other night. I am gonna rock the fuck out of it on this cruise next week.

Fighting a couple minor injuries. Knees are doing some funky shit when I am laying down on my side; walking, lifting etc feel fine. Slightly pushed too far last week and have slight shoulder pain in the right...still did shoulders yesterday and feel okay, just not great. I have some tennis elbow or something in my left forearm that has prevented me from doing biceps and some back (pull) exercises in over a month. I tried a brace yesterday...didn't help.
              A well-deserved humble brag.

More to my point, at least in my mind, cardio isn't a long-term weight management tool. I hate doing it, and the more on point my diet is, the less-often I have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                A well-deserved humble brag.

More to my point, at least in my mind, cardio isn't a long-term weight management tool. I hate doing it, and the more on point my diet is, the less-often I have to.
                You're spot on.

Sadly diet is the hardest part for me, but cardio is no problem.

Comment

• Started keto just after labor day. With a snag from Thanksgiving, have lost 25lbs. Have another 15-20 to go. Goal is ~210.
                  Last edited by SS Junk; 11-21-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• How I more or less started the year to the way I finished. https://instagram.com/p/BdZA45lnTtA/
                    Goals this year:
                    Hit 400 on bench or close to it, keep hammering away on squats, get some god for saking bicep peaks and continue to train with intensity and lean out.
                    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Great work!

I am down 25lbs in this past year. 200 down to 175 and holding. Went from 36s to 32s. Off BP meds for the first time in 10 years and my last check up I was a 118/78. Off cholesterol meds too for the first time in 6 years. My LDL ca use some work but the doc has some theories on why. My B12 numbers are WAY down and believed to be caused by prolonged use of Prilosec. Upping my B12 should help my liver and help my LDL. Also a detox of my liver and upping the B12 should help clear my plateau at 174 and let me finish off dropping the last of my belly fat.

These are from our trip in December.

down from 36s into 32s

I just got back to Africa and have been out of the gym for 2 weeks now. Tomorrow is day 1 again and I am going for even more gains/losses this year. I am taking it one R&R at a time.
                      Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-01-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Damn Keith. I'm completely jealous. I've been struggling for a long time with my progress. I'm satisfied with the weight I can push in the gym but my diet is total shit and I can't trim the fat.

Awesome work

Comment

• I thought what the hell is 22LR................then as I went to type it in went derppp. You guys appear to be doing well. Hey at least we are all trying and haven't just given up like a lot of folks our age.

This is going to be the year I get down to my lifetime goal of 220. I need to drop about 20 ish. I have done well in keeping around 230-240 even for the holidays and every year I have lost about five to ten pounds but I need to get serious. I should have pulled this off last year.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            Damn Keith. I'm completely jealous. I've been struggling for a long time with my progress. I'm satisfied with the weight I can push in the gym but my diet is total shit and I can't trim the fat.

Awesome work
                            Thanks. I missed day 1 today. Got stuck in town. New round of work starts tomorrow. I'm destined to get a 6 pack by summer.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            I thought what the hell is 22LR................then as I went to type it in went derppp. You guys appear to be doing well. Hey at least we are all trying and haven't just given up like a lot of folks our age.

This is going to be the year I get down to my lifetime goal of 220. I need to drop about 20 ish. I have done well in keeping around 230-240 even for the holidays and every year I have lost about five to ten pounds but I need to get serious. I should have pulled this off last year.
                            That shirt trolled well from DFW Airport to Miami.

I don't ever want to go back to my miserable self 40 plus pounds ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                              Thanks. I missed day 1 today. Got stuck in town. New round of work starts tomorrow. I'm destined to get a 6 pack by summer.

That shirt trolled well from DFW Airport to Miami.

I don't ever want to go back to my miserable self 40 plus pounds ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Weighed yesterday and was back at 239.00, my before holidays weight where I got to 246. I do low carb and just kept screwing it off last year but not this year. Every time I eat bad I think back on it and it is never worth it. I mean hell there is nothing I can't get in low carb now days so if I am craving it, I am just going to make it. Lowcarbbreadcompany even takes the pain out of breads and such. Seriously, no violations until I am at 220! I told my wife Mexican once a month but not even going to do that. She DGAF either as she really prefers eating at the house anyways. I think I need a rowing machine and stationary bike so I don't have to drive to the gym unless I am lifting.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                I think I need a rowing machine and stationary bike so I don't have to drive to the gym unless I am lifting.
                                That might make it too convenient, though...

Comment

Working...
                                X