Never mind the power pack, lets talk boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind the power pack, lets talk boost

What's the best supercharger for a stock 15 GT?

decided to ditch the idea of baby steps and go right for the boost. Looks like there's a few nice options out there. What supercharger should I go with?
    I like the way the roush looks, but it seems way over priced. I'm leaning toward a trim stile right now.
    school me fella's.

I would say Edelbrock E-Force. They are plug 'n play systems. Very clean looking under the hood. And 690hp isn't nothing to sneeze at. 3 year/36,000 mile power train warranty.

I use to recommend ATI Procharger, but I had nothing problems with my 2003 GT Vert. Got tired of the leaks and constantly having to change the input seals. Made a lot power, though. Took a big heavy vert and ran 7.76 1/8th mile and 12.15 in the 1/4.

I guess it depends on your budget.

Comment

After owning a kennebell. I wouldn’t look any further. The kit was flawless from start to finish.

Comment

Don’t forget to do billet oil pump gears if you plan making real power.

Comment

If its for a daily driver i would stick with a tvs style either the 2300 or 2650 rotor pack

Comment

I've got the Roush on my 2017, and had the dealer install it to keep the warranty intact, I dunno how that would work on a '15 though. Car's been running flawess for 5k miles, my biggest complaint is that the factory Pirelli's don't hook for crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              I've got the Roush on my 2017, and had the dealer install it to keep the warranty intact, I dunno how that would work on a '15 though. Car's been running flawess for 5k miles, my biggest complaint is that the factory Pirelli's don't hook for crap.
              They don’t hook for crap without boost.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                They don’t hook for crap without boost.
                That ain’t no shit!

Comment

Order a kenne bell through boostworks or a roush/tvs would be my choice. A lot of people are running whipples and are happy there are a lot of vortech/Paxton setups too but I know a guy that went that route and regrets it. I have read about some really good and really bad with procharger so I would just skip that.

Comment

Off topic but,

What to do after you put on the supercharger? Back to the baby steps for more but smaller increases?
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Order a kenne bell through boostworks or a roush/tvs would be my choice. A lot of people are running whipples and are happy there are a lot of vortech/Paxton setups too but I know a guy that went that route and regrets it. I have read about some really good and really bad with procharger so I would just skip that.
                      Only reason I suggest kennebell, their kit has everything from a tune that was stupid amazing drivability wise to high end hardware...and you can’t forget the instructions that were designed to leave zero questions unanswered.

Boostworks tuner turbo system would be a damn solid choice too!

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Off topic but,

What to do after you put on the supercharger? Back to the baby steps for more but smaller increases?
                        Tires mostly. Suspension to handle the instant torque needs some love too.

Comment

Carbon fiber driveshaft, exhaust, tires, smaller pulley. Cams and ported heads if you're brave enough to risk getting stranded. I'm close enough to the block's max that I'm done with HP mods until I'm ready to build a shortblock.

To be honest, had we already been back in TX, I'd have gone the TT route, there aren't any CARB legal kits available yet though. The Roush kit has plenty of potential though, so no looking back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I could afford it Roush would be my choice. As stated above, if installed by Ford comes with warranty. Roush gets engineering support from Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              Tires mostly. Suspension to handle the instant torque needs some love too.
                              Do these cars benefit from all manner of exhaust work, like the older cars did? No cats, long tubes, the whole list. Or does the stock exhaust already flow well enough?
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X