No announcement yet.

You guys be careful with your firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the trigger caught on something in the glove box.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I've had a gun discharge with no finger on the trigger. It can happen. But only in rare circumstances, and safety was still in effect, and the gun was pointed away from anyone.
      I could see it happening with a revolver...but with the safety engaged? Lol it wasn't a rem 700 was it
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        I could see it happening with a revolver...but with the safety engaged? Lol it wasn't a rem 700 was it
        It was a ruger MKI pistol, safety was on. I received it many years ago from someone who gave it to me because they couldn't get it to work/had problems with it chambering. I have dummy rounds for pretty much all calibers to check function, but not for .22lr. I chambered a round of .22 and it discharged the second it chambered. Turns out the previous owner installed the wrong firing pin spring, and the pin was exposed. So essentially it was operating as an open bolt machinegun.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          It was a ruger MKI pistol, safety was on. I received it many years ago from someone who gave it to me because they couldn't get it to work/had problems with it chambering. I have dummy rounds for pretty much all calibers to check function, but not for .22lr. I chambered a round of .22 and it discharged the second it chambered. Turns out the previous owner installed the wrong firing pin spring, and the pin was exposed. So essentially it was operating as an open bolt machinegun.
          sounds like intent to me...lol

But seriously, load up a mag, point it down range and let the bolt close...I bet it would be fun
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
            Sounds like the trigger caught on something in the glove box.
            That's what I'm thinking.

This is why I've been using a slim, easy to remove kydex style holster for my gun. If I need to take it out of my waistband, I can remove it with the gun holstered and don't have to worry about an exposed trigger catching on something.

Comment

Still waiting on word about the gun, but I'm not sure if we will ever find out, unless someone gets a hold of the police report. Who wants to be the asshole that asks the widow what kind of gun accidently killed her husband.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

What agency? I'll ask for it

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  He told me, but I forgot it's West or Southwest from the metro, I'll get it and post it tomorrow.
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss.

But yes, this is why Rule 2 exists. I don't even like pointing what I know to be empty at me...just don't like the feeling that I could "get used to it", ergo, developing a bad habit.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

That sucks dude sorry to hear that.

My gun stays in its holster, regardless if I'm wearing it OR if it's in my center consul or night stand.
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                        Still waiting on a call, I know most of the company were friends with the guy, so they are all paying their respects. He worked at Triumph (old Vaught) in Grand Prairie and iirc I may have been wrong about the location, maybe SE of the metro near Scurry possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                          That sucks dude sorry to hear that.

My gun stays in its holster, regardless if I'm wearing it OR if it's in my center consul or night stand.
                          nice!!
                          2012 GT500

Comment

San Saba Texas and his name was Roy Ellison.

So guess I was right, south southwest, not Scurry, I don't know how I got that name.

Comment

It seems that Roy was killed by his own old west style Colt .45 LC. I'm not sure about the exact model, but he was known to have a love for old style guns. This would explain how it went off just tossing into the glove box...

Comment

Keep the older revolvers with no transfer bar on an empty hole. ask me how my uncle knows that. May be the case, maybe not. RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X