.357 or other pistol caliber lever gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elPolloLoco View Post
    Didn'y you have a pic a while back CJ of Teddy Roosevelts supressed lever action he used to shoot stuff around the White House?
    yep, familiar with that one. I've always wanted a suppressed lever gun, but I want to make it a heavy hitter. Maximum weight.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      yep, familiar with that one. I've always wanted a suppressed lever gun, but I want to make it a heavy hitter. Maximum weight.
      As in 45-70, perhaps? Do eeeet.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        As in 45-70, perhaps? Do eeeet.
        I was thinking .500 magnum, but that's the Yale inside me saying that. Really a .452 projectile would be a much better choice for reloading components, cases, and suppressors. A 500 magnum in a rifle would be awful. I would never, ever want to shoot that.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I was thinking .500 magnum, but that's the Yale inside me saying that. Really a .452 projectile would be a much better choice for reloading components, cases, and suppressors. A 500 magnum in a rifle would be awful. I would never, ever want to shoot that.
          Bighorn Armory makes one. Want me to look into it?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Bighorn Armory makes one. Want me to look into it?
            Last time I checked they are ridiculously expensive... and not threaded for a suppressor if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Every time a lever gun thread comes up I renew my desire to SBR my .45-70 1895GS and put a can on it.
              I love mine in .450 marlin....but love scaring people at the range with the sound!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                wat?
                Jacketed bullets do not go down a barrel very easily as compared to a cast bullet. If you are shooting jacketed bullets they need to be loaded HOT and even then you are going to get a bullet stuck in a barrel at some point.

Even a low power .38 special shouldn't cause a squib. You'd have to have some cowboy 200fps wadcutter load to even MAYBE cause a squib.
                It shouldn't cause a problem but it does. Shoot enough factory jacketed plinking ammo and you will have a bullet not leave the barrel one day.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                  Jacketed bullets do not go down a barrel very easily as compared to a cast bullet. If you are shooting jacketed bullets they need to be loaded HOT and even then you are going to get a bullet stuck in a barrel at some point.

It shouldn't cause a problem but it does. Shoot enough factory jacketed plinking ammo and you will have a bullet not leave the barrel one day.
                  Do you even use a copper solvent, bro?

Comment

What?
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Plano pawn has the short barrel Rossi repeaters in .45 LC for about $450. I think that is a decent price from what few I have seen for sale. I would like to own one of the Henry repeaters in .44 mag.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Do you even use a copper solvent, bro?

Yep; I clean to the bare metal on every gun that I own after each use. I normally use wipe-out or butch's bore shine.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yep; I clean to the bare metal on every gun that I own after each use. I normally use wipe-out or butch's bore shine.
                          Cool. I still wouldn't be afraid to shoot jacketed .357 or .45 Colt out of a lever gun. This is Tanner, anyway. He rents guns worse than I do.

Comment

^^^^^

I am not afraid either. I was just pointing out that a lot of factory .38spl and .357mag ammo was not loaded with a 18"-24" barrel in mind and it causes problems. Shoot enough of it and you will see what I am talking about. When I still owned a .44spl/.44mag lever rifle and a .38spl/.357mag lever rifle I was very careful about what I shot in it; but it seemed pointless after I compared a 30/30 load to even the hottest .44mag load.

Comment

Cool. I still wouldn't be afraid to shoot jacketed .357 or .45 Colt out of a lever gun. This is Tanner, anyway. He rents guns worse than I do.
                              So cruel.................

Comment

Dammit boy

Comment

Working...
                                X