PROXY not responding-LAN settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROXY not responding-LAN settings

So my ASUS PC Windows 8.1 got infected with this Malaware that changed my LAN connection settings on my Administrator account and does not allow me to revert to proper settings, already tried following:
    HitmanPro
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Rogue Killer-Found PUM Proxys settings and deleted or repaired
    Windows Defender
    With no luck, any help greatly appreciated. TIA

Last edited by robert; 10-31-2014, 11:46 AM.

Can you create another admin acct?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Can you create another admin acct?
      Haven't tried that yet, was hoping to keep original account.
      I'll give that a shot to see if it works. thx
      BTW I was able to create a Guest account which i am using today, but is very limited.

Comment

As a rule of thumb, you shouldn't browse the innernets on an admin or elevated privilege acct.

Try this http://www.kapilarya.com/reset-local...-policy-editor then see if you can correct the lan settings.

Then go to http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/, run the full scan and post the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          As a rule of thumb, you shouldn't browse the innernets on an admin or elevated privilege acct.

Try this http://www.kapilarya.com/reset-local...-policy-editor then see if you can correct the lan settings.

Then go to http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/, run the full scan and post the results.
          Thanks trying this now.
          BTW tried creating a new Admin Account was unable as the current Admin account will not connect to the innernet. Was hesitant on deleting current Admin account. Was unaware of the rule of thumb tip, now i know of course it makes sense now that I'm going thru this. thx

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
            Thanks trying this now.
            BTW tried creating a new Admin Account was unable as the current Admin account will not connect to the innernet. Was hesitant on deleting current Admin account. Was unaware of the rule of thumb tip, now i know of course it makes sense now that I'm going thru this. thx
            If you change it off the proxy does it switch back?

Check local group policy/registry to see how it was forced.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              If you change it off the proxy does it switch back?

Check local group policy/registry to see how it was forced.

Unable
              Haven't been able to make any progress
              Hoping to try recommended steps this wknd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the status this far?

Comment

Do you have another computer you can use to get to the internet and download something? If so, download this:

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

Reboot into safe mode and run that. It will run through several things and reboot a handful of times (as many as it deems necessary). Sounds like you got a rogue browser extension that I had the pleasure of removing from a client's desktop today, or at the very least something extremely similar.

It was a domain environment, though, so we were able to GPO them into a scenario where we could get it to uninstall.

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                    So my ASUS PC Windows 8.1 got infected with this Malaware that changed my LAN connection settings on my Administrator account and does not allow me to revert to proper settings, already tried following:
                    HitmanPro
                    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
                    Rogue Killer-Found PUM Proxys settings and deleted or repaired
                    Windows Defender
                    With no luck, any help greatly appreciated. TIA

Try right-clicking run a s administrator on IE and see if the change takes then.

For group policy stuff, run in command prompt "gpresult" to see what settings that is passing to your computer.
                    WRX

Comment

Working...
                    X