No announcement yet.

KTM quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't want an AF500 for my main bike!! I do want one as a 2nd bike to rip around on for thrills though. It's be mostly a garage ornament. Next time we ride you should take my YZ300 out for a spin. Maybe that will help you decide!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
      I wouldn't want an AF500 for my main bike!! I do want one as a 2nd bike to rip around on for thrills though. It's be mostly a garage ornament. Next time we ride you should take my YZ300 out for a spin. Maybe that will help you decide!!
      Had a buddy that rode open class for Honda in the mid 90's. He had 2 500's in the garage. Had the experience of running from the police in Garden of the Gods park one evening. Those bastards (the 500's) can get away in a hurry, but dammit if they aren't a blast.

Comment

I've never ridden one, but I can imagine they are a handful. 65hp on the track/trail is crazy! It would tire me out pretty quickly. I still want one though. I'd like to find a late model CRF with a blown motor to buy and do the swap myself.

Comment

I've never ridden one, but I can imagine they are a handful. 65hp on the track/trail is crazy! It would tire me out pretty quickly. I still want one though. I'd like to find a late model CRF with a blown motor to buy and do the swap myself.
          They pull like a 4 stroke and vibrate like mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Had a buddy that rode open class for Honda in the mid 90's. He had 2 500's in the garage. Had the experience of running from the police in Garden of the Gods park one evening. Those bastards (the 500's) can get away in a hurry, but dammit if they aren't a blast.
            I remember when the drag race was done between the ZX11 and the KX500. IIRC the KX500 beat the almighty ZX with a little weight on the forks. I loved the ones I had. I had a 86,89, and 94. I could rebuild the top end in about an hour. I had Wells Racing over in Duncanville re sleeve it when I kept popping pistons. He kind of scoffed at me when I first asked him, then he looked down at the jug and went "Holy shit is that it". He laughed and said come back tomorrow. I came back and he had it done. Charged me like 80.00. Said he just wanted to see if they could do it.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

If you want to go balls out and have cow skin rugs all over the place:

Comment

If you want to go balls out and have cow skin rugs all over the place:

http://rpmmfg.com/BigBoreStrokerCR640.aspx
                That's almost my price range for the whole damn bike. Sweet though. Even though I used every drop of power on that bike, I can't imagine needing more. How many HP are the new 450's, I haven't even looked? I do remember you learned real quick not to gas it to hard on concrete or with a new tire.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  That's almost my price range for the whole damn bike. Sweet though. Even though I used every drop of power on that bike, I can't imagine needing more. How many HP are the new 450's, I haven't even looked? I do remember you learned real quick not to gas it to hard on concrete or with a new tire.
                  I think they're in the 45-50hp range.

Here's a good site for DIY AF swap manuals and parts:

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    I think I know that guy. Did he have a CBR900RR during that time frame? Red and blue one

Comment

Originally posted by turboford View Post
                      I think I know that guy. Did he have a CBR900RR during that time frame? Red and blue one
                      Negative.

Comment

Working...
                      X