97 Cobra LSx Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Cobra LSx Build Thread

Decided to start the thread. The Carrollton crew helped me get the car home yesterday. I'll keep track of all updates in this thread. Plan is a single turbo and tko600. Shooting for 600rw.

Story:

97 Cobra I bought two years ago. Ended up blowing the motor and selling it.

Bought it back as a roller and it isn't quite the same car.

Motor is a 2007 Ly2 4.8L with 79K. Came with everything I need to swap it in.

Going to run this AJE K member with Ls mounts. Looks way better than the stock k. A good amount of weight savings. Haven't decided If I want to spend the $450 for tubular a arms and coilovers, or $50 to get spring perches to run stock arms.

Car already has a built rearend. Auburn pro dif, 31spl, welded axle tubes, 4.10's. JamesB did the torque boxes.

update- 10/28

Pulling the k member with the help of dad and bcrv

Today I have been working on cleaning and painting engine bay. It's no onjacks job, but it is coming along well.
    Last edited by Cobraman; 10-28-2013, 11:07 AM.
    2012 GT500

How can someone possibly fuck a car up that badly in such a short span?

Comment

Cool.

And ^^ yeah, no kidding, how the hell does that happen? Car is ROUGH.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

It was steam cleaned with acid.

Comment

fire?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            How can someone possibly fuck a car up that badly in such a short span?
            When it sits in a driveway without moving the entire time someone owns it.
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I hope it was less than a grand that thing is rough as a cob.

Comment

The guy that you bought it from blew his LS7 in his new/used C6Z, right?

Return it to its old glory. Poor thing got stripped and raped by the the people who bought it!
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Yep, that bitch is rough.

What kind of time frame are you looking at with it?
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Yep, that bitch is rough.

What kind of time frame are you looking at with it?
                    It definitely makes me feel better about mine lol
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

No mo Fofivesixes?
                      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

You should just plastidip the car. I'm on my phone but when I get to a computer I'll post some pics for you to see how it looks
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          You should just plastidip the car. I'm on my phone but when I get to a computer I'll post some pics for you to see how it looks
                          not really a member of the plastidip band wagon. For the $500 or more it will cost, I'd rather just save for a decent paint job.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Jeremy, if you're questioning shit like coil overs you're never gonna finish it.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Jeremy, if you're questioning shit like coil overs you're never gonna finish it.
                              I disagree. Car doesn't need coil overs. Would be cool though.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X