home brewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home brewing

Does anyone here do home brewing? I have in the past made a batches of home made wine, five gallons at a time, but have decided to brew some beer along with wine this year. I expect to start 10 gallons of wine along with 5-10 gallons of beer this weekend.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

some dude my old lady works with does, man it is good stuff. he brews all kinds of different flavors and such. i dont drink at home, or i could see it becoming another of my hellaciously expensive hobbies.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      some dude my old lady works with does, man it is good stuff. he brews all kinds of different flavors and such. i dont drink at home, or i could see it becoming another of my hellaciously expensive hobbies.

god bless.
      You should see if he can make something like that grape shit we drank up.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        You should see if he can make something like that grape shit we drank up.
        I've got some "grape shit" you can swallow.

-----------------------------------------------------

I've never tried home brewing. But I remember several threads about it back in Canada.

Comment

do spirits.... what real men drink
          first class white trash

Comment

I think I am going to go the usual grape recipe on one batch, and try a hard apple cider on the other batch.

Stevo
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I have a still and old bathtub in the backyard.
              What do you need?

Comment

i use to home brew my own beer. i might start doing it again soon. nice thing is after one is done you can start on another and by the time you drink all the beer from the first the next ones done.lol. my brew made around 50 bottles of beer. good shit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  i use to home brew my own beer. i might start doing it again soon. nice thing is after one is done you can start on another and by the time you drink all the beer from the first the next ones done.lol. my brew made around 50 bottles of beer. good shit too.
                  I have two and a half gallons of beer going now. I will be bottling it Monday if all goes well.

I think I am going to get brave and use some hard hitting champagne yeast, and go for the 18% alcohol limit on it. Decided against the apfelwein, I am going to do another red grape wine and try a banana-oat brew. No guts no glory.

Stevo

Comment

Banana-oat beer is out of the question, I didn't even think of the slimey, bubble retaining nature of those two, and fermenting equals thousands of tiny bubbles per minute. Possible Mt. Vesuvius situation.

Stevo

Comment

Hooray for yeast, sugar, fruit concentrate, milk jug, and balloon. Lol
                      2012 GT500

Comment

My brother brews and has won all kinds of awards and even holds a few patents on microbreweries. He is cool as shit and if you have any questions at all he is always more than happy to share knowledge.

Meet Brutus! Brutus "Ten" is an example of pure will power. This brewery was built from 2" X 2" Stainless steel square box tubing, all fabricated on our small apartment patio. This was quite an endeavor

Originally posted by grove rat
                        shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Hooray for yeast, sugar, fruit concentrate, milk jug, and balloon. Lol
                          Holy shit, I ain't making 'pruno'.

More like Lalvin EC-1118 yeast, sugar, yeast nutrient, pectic enzyme, fresh fruit, 5 gallon glass carboy, and an airlock. I am going to make a single gallon of jalapeno pepper wine though...

Stevo

Comment

Since we are reviving old threads lately I figured I'd help out instead of starting a new one.

I've been involved with a large local brewery for years and have many friends that home brew and a few that talked about doing it but never have. So on Saturday I stopped by Texas Brewing (owned by someone from the old board btw) and picked up their deluxe kit. It comes with pretty much everything you'd need to make beer. Assuming you have water and propane tanks that is. The smaller kits are even cheaper so if you already have a large enough pot to boil in and the means to heat it up you can do it really cheap.

So long story short I have a full brewery at my home now complete with a temperature controlled freezer for fermenting. My first beer has been fermenting for 48 hours now and I'm already planning my next two. The current one is Stubby's Outlaw Red IPA, next up is his Coffee Bean Stout that I'll probably do on Thanksgiving and sometime in the next week I plan on starting on a Graf that'll be a from scratch recipe instead of out of a box. It's basically just a hard cider mixed with some kind of dark malted beer with a little bit of hops.

Comment

This is something I should get into. My neighbor has been itching to do it.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X