• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fogo de Chão?

Anyone here been? Worth it?
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

It's good, in that price range I enjoyed bobs in grapevine more.

To clarify, I don't think that anything I had was bad, but none of it knocked my socks off. I tried a little of everything.
    Last edited by BMCSean; 09-10-2013, 07:05 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

If you want really good meat but can't easily decide on which cut you want, it's a great place as you will get a little of everything. But like BMCSean I prefer Bobs for the money.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

ive been. its worth it.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes, it's great, but pricey. I think Rafain is the best Brazilian spot for the money, check it out. They have more meats, and dessert is included.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            If you want really good meat but can't easily decide on which cut you want, it's a great place as you will get a little of everything. But like BMCSean I prefer Bobs for the money.
            That's what I think is cool, a taste of different foods and flavors rather than just one.

Is Bobs formal? I'm looking for somewhere for an anniversary dinner but nothing too dressy as neither of us have that. A place where jeans and a sport coat are acceptable.

Comment

Y'all keep mentioning the money part... Are we talking 100-150 for us or upwards of 200? (We don't drink)

Comment

i eat at bob's in dickies shorts and a t-shirt, and if not drinking you should be out of either place under $200.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                  Y'all keep mentioning the money part... Are we talking 100-150 for us or upwards of 200? (We don't drink)
                  If you don't drink then you can easily get out of there for under $150 with 2 people. Fogo de Chao/Rafain/Texas de Brazil are worth the experience. Cool thing about Fogo (not sure about the others) is that all of the guys who serve the meat are from Brazil and speak Portuguese. On top of that, they don't just go and pick up a new skewer of meat whenever they're done with one, they actually do all the prepping, cutting, and seasoning of the meat before it ever gets to the grill.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Neither is really formal. If you've never been to fogo, go ahead and go, just remember not to fill up at the salad bar and ask for the filet and top round.

Comment

Fogo/TdB/Rafain's is a fun experience, and the food isn't bad. It's not prime, but there is a ton of it. Personally, I think it's more fun with a large group, but that's just me. There are also a ton of half price coupons around. I think it's a fantastic lunch, given the price. But for dinner, unless with a large group, I'd prefer to go somewhere else.

Bob's is more fitting for a special occasion dinner. I'm usually in jeans and a polo, unless with a client. Avg plate price at Bob's is around $38. Keep in mind, that doesn't include a salad, and only includes the protein, a potato side, and the carrot. They have plenty of other sides that are extra. The creamed corn is awesome. If you go to Bob's, I only go to the Grapevine location anymore. The rest are owned by Omni now, and I think they've lost a step or three.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        i eat at bob's in dickies shorts and a t-shirt, and if not drinking you should be out of either place under $200.

god bless.
                        Really? I have never gone as I thought it was formal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Fogo is prob my favorite of the chain churrascarias
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            If you go to Bob's, I only go to the Grapevine location anymore. The rest are owned by Omni now, and I think they've lost a step or three.
                            three ! I went to the one at the Omni and it sucked ass. Worst steak i've ever had.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                              Really? I have never gone as I thought it was formal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                              no BS. its all i own.

god bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X