No announcement yet.

Toyata dealers scamming customers with hiked prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to laugh, just look at GT350 prices lately. I see them on Facebook and Ebay all the time for 4 to 7k off of MSRP. I can't imagine what the market actually is on them.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Asshole Tax.

Comment

Really? Why the sudden demand for an "old" body on frame SUV?
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          If they can find dummies to pay it, more power to them. I don't care how bad I want something I won't pay a market adjustment. I've never even paid sticker for a vehicle including my Raptor which are notorious for their market adjustments.
          They must be talking about the local market. If so it would be well worth it to just buy it from some low population state like utah or something and ship it here. Save many thousands.
          WH

Comment

Took mine in this morning to a local dealership for some recall work and they did their little inspection and put down my cabin filter needs replacing soon.. they must get dirty really fast because I replaced it on 11/11 of this year..
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Took mine in this morning to a local dealership for some recall work and they did their little inspection and put down my cabin filter needs replacing soon.. they must get dirty really fast because I replaced it on 11/11 of this year..
              I am baffled by the dealership model, in 99% of cases it is rip your customer off for as much as possible.
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

I almost should have let them change my wifes. Easy to get to, but a complete bitch to pop in and out. No way in hell they checked it, and it wasn't dirty.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I am baffled by the dealership model, in 99% of cases it is rip your customer off for as much as possible.
                2018 Nissan Murano. Sir your brake fluid needs flushed at 20k. WTMF. I am sure I have gotten 200k on a F350.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I wouldn't call it a scam, it's plain day day right there. MSRP is suggested price, not it has to be this no matter what. I don't hear people crying if they got their car at 10k below MSRP. It's simple supply and demand. I haven't paid over MSRP for anything but I don't have as much money as some people. If they want to do it, then let them do it, but don't call it a scam.
                  Originally posted by Marisa
                  we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I don't understand raptor pricing at all. It costs as much as two f150 supercrews but only has one engine, one set of wheels/tires, one set of shocks, one body, etc. For 30k over base, the raptor should be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                      I wouldn't call it a scam, it's plain day day right there. MSRP is suggested price, not it has to be this no matter what. I don't hear people crying if they got their car at 10k below MSRP. It's simple supply and demand. I haven't paid over MSRP for anything but I don't have as much money as some people. If they want to do it, then let them do it, but don't call it a scam.
                      It isn't supply and demand though. It is a scam of perceived scarcity. The fact that some people fall for it doesn't mean it isn't, it just means it works sometimes. If stealerships weren't involved in scamming the shit out of people, they wouldn't have an army of lobbyists in Austin making sure only they get to sell cars.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                        I don't understand raptor pricing at all. It costs as much as two f150 supercrews but only has one engine, one set of wheels/tires, one set of shocks, one body, etc. For 30k over base, the raptor should be awesome!
                        While there is undoubtedly some profiteering going on with the raptor...the build of that vehicle certainly costs more.

So you have a combination of upgraded performance parts ordered at lower quantities driving the cost up...and the marketing/business analyst team determining just how much the consumer will pay to maximize profits.

Quantity makes a huge difference in the manufacturing cost of a product.

Comment

I’m always told it’s time for a new air filter. I have K&N filters in my cars. Fucking dealers...

We need Skip back!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            While there is undoubtedly some profiteering going on with the raptor...the build of that vehicle certainly costs more.

So you have a combination of upgraded performance parts ordered at lower quantities driving the cost up...and the marketing/business analyst team determining just how much the consumer will pay to maximize profits.

Quantity makes a huge difference in the manufacturing cost of a product.
                            Fairly certain you could buy an F150 4x4 and build it into a far more off-road capable truck than the factory Raptor build...and still have money left over.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Fairly certain you could buy an F150 4x4 and build it into a far more off-road capable truck than the factory Raptor build...and still have money left over.
                              Far more off road capable is a highly subjective term.

The raptor is a highly offroad capable luxury truck. It's not just some jacked up XL 4x4. There is no doubt profit in there...but to truly replicate a raptor would probably cost more.

Comment

Speaking of Raptor's, how many get purchased, but never driven off road? I bet a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X