Found source of my exhaust leak....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found source of my exhaust leak....

I let it go little too long. It finally opened up, so I went under and saw this. I did not think it would be this. Thinking loose bolts, but fuck no. My fault for letting it go too long. So I took peek on other side, and that crack goes around as well, but it goes downward and comes back up. I know I scraped a few times in the past, but can't remember ever hitting so bad that it would cause this. SUMBIATCH!!!!

And it's a PAIN in the ass to get driver side header out. I feel like putting her to sleep for a couple years while I continue to save for full rebuild.

Don't let it sit. Keep it on the road. Too many car get parked with the best intentions only to gather dust indefinitely and deteriorate.

Comment

Well, that sucks.

Comment

I'm rarely happy with the welds that come on headers and frequently redo them prior to installing the headers on the car. That doesn't look like it's your fault, it just looks like a piss poor weld from the manufacturer. On the bright side it could be a whole lot worse, I recently helped a board member work on their car when they thought they had an extremely bad exhaust leak and instead it was a head gasket hanging halfway out from between the block and the head.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yea, gonna go ahead and do what slow84 said. I still like driving it. Clutch will last me at least another year..haha So gonna jack her up again, take it out and get it welded.

Comment

Sell them mofos and get you are pair of Stainless Works LT headers...

And don't act you're broke, I've seen your ledger.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Sell them mofos and get you are pair of Stainless Works LT headers...

And don't act you're broke, I've seen your ledger.

Well what's up huckleberry

and F TO THE NO....I ain't spending any of that type of money on this bitch. I just want it to last at least a couple more years. However long clutch lasts me...hahaha.

Been putting my shop on hold for like awhile. Busy with working on rooms and doing some land regrading/leveling, new driveway. Got tired of the water around house, so tearing shit outside for that now. New dog is away for training, so trying to knock this shit out before I get him back and before I go back to driving to office for work.

Comment

Working...
              X