No announcement yet.

Lasik Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had it in 2003, and no regrets. I am starting to get older and will probably need reading glasses at some point though.

Comment

I was not eligible for Lasik, my corneal tissue was too thin.

They said I was eligible for PRK (google it - long name) and its basically cutting tiny grids into the lens and then letting the body naturally heal the eye which apparently gives perfect vision.

Best $2000 I ever spent (back in 2012 - got a groupon!)

The only sucky part was the recovery time is much longer with PRK. After surgery it felt like someone had thrown sand in my eyes for about an hour and everything was white/fuzzy. It took a good week for my vision to become clear. I definitely couldn't drive for 2-3 days and so get some e-books or something as you won't be looking at much.

8 years in, Im now 36 and my vision is still pretty good. When my eyes get tired (night driving or computer screen overload) i can feel them losing focus / getting blurry.

But yes, like others here, the first time I woke up with clear vision and could see the alarm clock and the perfect outline of our bedroom it was awesome.

Comment

Got it in '07. Still see great!

Comment

Got mine in 09. I am still good for reading but my eyes have degraded some and wear glasses at times while driving at night or a long day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Late 06 here and have zero complaints. I can see Uranus on a cloudy night and can still read up close print with no issues. I’m 43.

Comment

Working...
            X