How to get rid of critters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of critters?

Since moving out to the outer edges of Allen here in Collin County, I have caught several critters on my cameras on my porch and patio.
    You Rambo and Troy Choot'em types can keep your comments to yourselves, I can't be firing off rounds in the middle of the night out here. Besides, I don't have anything smaller than a 9mm and it would make a mess that I ain't cleaning up...

I have rabbits, skunks, armadillos and Coyotes. The Yotes usually stay away since I have everything lit up nice, but the other critters don't seem to give a shit, thoughts?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Since moving out to the outer edges of Allen here in Collin County
    You're the type of guy who would call 911 to complain about farmers working their fields at 4am!

Comment

you have to find out why they are coming first. they dont just visit , there is a food source somewhere .

Comment

Get a damn pellet gun and start killing things. I live right in the middle of Dville literally a block from the Police Station and I've killed several rats and 1 skunk in my back yard. If you got neighbors that are scared of a pellet gun then you should move.

Comment

Get traps? Or a suppressed .22
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

traps or a pellet gun. I've killed a lot of rats at my old house with the pellet gun. Buy the heavy pellets, they get the job done without to much suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              Get traps? Or a suppressed .22
              The answer to all of your problems and possibly night vision. You'll have a new fun hobby too.

Comment

Comment

Tannerite.

Comment

Don’t be a pussy, play dead on the porch and beat it’s fucking ass when it comes up trying to eat you!
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Maybe a motion detecting sprinkler? Arlo Smart can also alert you to animals real time.

I dont deal with raccoons or anything big, but for Rats I've had a lot of success with the A24 automatic rat trap. Its pricey but I cook outside alot so I have to keep the outdoor cooking areas clean. I've come out to 3 dead rats in 1 night.

Comment

Isn't that part of the deal when moving out of the big city?

I've seen a group of raccoons crossing the road in Addison. I thought that was a little strange to see them in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          Isn't that part of the deal when moving out of the big city?

I've seen a group of raccoons crossing the road in Addison. I thought that was a little strange to see them in the city.
                          Lots of trashcans in the suburbs, so lots of big raccoons, fat rats, fat squirrels and giant opossums too. I've seen them all in the city limits and a metric crap load of cute lil bunnies.

We had a coyote or two in the neighborhood at one time too. I think they have relocated as things got more built up.

Comment

Traps

Comment

I was hoping that someone would have a success with some type of spray or urine, that you can buy online or at the local hardware. Something that someone that has used something with success. I've only had one field mouse when they cut the 1000 or so acre property behind me and I dropped a pot on him by accident, killing him.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X