Thinking about the Cannon safe from TSC on Black Friday for $699

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Thats how I'm starting to feel after looking into more of these "safes". Even the Ft Knox models have 10ga steel which is roughly 1/8" thick. Almost like anything thats worth it has a price tag starting at 3500 and thats for a tiny one.
    Yeah the cheap ones you will never see any fire protection worth a damn. A simple pry bar will break most of the cheap ones open in under a minute.

You have to look at the value of items you are putting in a safe... I see these people with 20+ guns in a safe, probably money, and other valuables... Easily 10-20k worth or items. Why cheap out on a $699 safe that wont give any fire protection and even the dumbest of crooks can open.

Like I said, might as well keep a lock on a closet door. It will keep the honest crooks and children out. Provide just about the same fire protection.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by BigTex71 View Post
      I bought a Stack-on Total Defense 54 Gun Safe on sale earlier this year from WalMart. Price was $898 with free delivery. As a bonus its waterproof and comes with a door hanger. Very happy with the size and I'd definitely buy it again. Walmart seems to throw one of this line on sale every 3 weeks or so, just have to watch for it.

Here is a lower end model black Friday deal that might work for you:
      http://www.slickguns.com/product/sen...ck-friday-2014
      I had the Stack-On 24 Gun Safe. I initially picked it up because it was the lowest price at that size as I didn't want any electronics on it. It turned out to be a very solid safe.

Comment

I'm about to need a third safe. I like the idea of three because maybe they'll get bored with the junk in the first one and not bother opening the other.

I have a cannon I purchased from a small firearms store. It weighs as much as the 64gun listed above but is no where near that size dimension wise.

How many people here actually know someone who has had a house catch on fire and burn the guns up in safe?

I know not one person who has lost a house to a fire, I've seen some smoke damage etc. Never burning up guns in a safe fire though.

Comment

I can help out members through a division of our company- I can get employee pricing(cost +15%) which equates to almost 50% off retail.
          We sell Gardell and Amsec. Lewisville will call pickup only
          Shoot me PM of model you are looking for and I will check availability- they do not special order any safes so subject to availability

Comment

^^^ Very nice offer.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X