Churches Furious That IRS Agents Can Pose as Clergymen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    Speaking of abuse, look at how the Islamic faith has been subverted for secular purposes.
    What are you talking about? They practice what they preach.

Comment

Subverted by Muhammed I should maybe have said.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Just like a liberal to presume we're playing a zero sum game. I guess you picked your overlord.
        You might want to word you post differently if you don't want people to assume its a "zero sum game". You said "churches" which implies you think its all of them

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Quit going off on tangents, liberal. That's what they do, they can't stay on the topic at hand so they bring up shit that nobody was talking about.
        Hilarious coming from you. I really hope you dont think youre fooling anyone. You lean far left, and its well known on here
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          You might want to word you post differently if you don't want people to assume its a "zero sum game". You said "churches" which implies you think its all of them

Hilarious coming from you. I really hope you dont think youre fooling anyone. You lean far left, and its well known on here
          Finally got around to making that google payment, I see.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm bothered that they can pose as anybody. I realize it is entirely commonplace in our society, but I'm not a fan of any LE lying or committing any crime to catch a criminal. I'm not saying it isn't a useful tool, but I prefer not having to use the end to justify the means. That is idealistic and possibly unrealistic to do those jobs well in many people's minds, I know. One of many reason's I wouldn't make a great cop.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06
              I'm bothered that they can pose as anybody.
              They can, but they don't. It's pretty targeted. Hell, the only IRS agents that do that kind of thing are special agents, and they number way lower than regular IRS agents. How would you propose they go undercover?

Originally posted by slow06
              I realize it is entirely commonplace in our society, but I'm not a fan of any LE lying or committing any crime to catch a criminal. I'm not saying it isn't a useful tool, but I prefer not having to use the end to justify the means. That is idealistic and possibly unrealistic to do those jobs well in many people's minds, I know. One of many reason's I wouldn't make a great cop.
              They don't have blanket authority to do that. They can't commit every crime under the sun.

Comment

They can, but they don't. It's pretty targeted. Hell, the only IRS agents that do that kind of thing are special agents, and they number way lower than regular IRS agents. How would you propose they go undercover?
                I'm sure it is. I certainly don't think they are IRS agents in every church or anything like that.

Any solution I could come up with would likely be harder, more costly, and probably less effective. Like I said I realize my viewpoint is idealistic. I'm not picketing against this kind of stuff, I understand both sides, I just would prefer them to not commit crimes while prosecuting them.

They don't have blanket authority to do that. They can't commit every crime under the sun.
                Maybe I didn't word that very well. I didn't mean they can commit ANY crime possible (as in theft AND murder), I just meant I would rather they not commit any crimes (as in theft OR murder). (And no murder is not really the issue as I realize they wouldn't get a pass for that.)
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                  I'm sure it is. I certainly don't think they are IRS agents in every church or anything like that.

Any solution I could come up with would likely be harder, more costly, and probably less effective. Like I said I realize my viewpoint is idealistic. I'm not picketing against this kind of stuff, I understand both sides, I just would prefer them to not commit crimes while prosecuting them.

Maybe I didn't word that very well. I didn't mean they can commit ANY crime possible (as in theft AND murder), I just meant I would rather they not commit any crimes (as in theft OR murder). (And no murder is not really the issue as I realize they wouldn't get a pass for that.)
                  They don't commit murder undercover. That would still be murder. Theft? Eh. Typically, anything they take in becomes evidence. They would need to preserve it as such so they can get a RICO case against the organization they're infiltrating. Idealism is worrying over things you can't change, and a crutch to not maintain a principled outlook. I'd let it go.

Comment

Finally got around to making that google payment, I see.
                    What are you talking about? Its not a zero sum game. Zero sum game. Zero sum game.

I feel like yale now. Zero sum game.
                    WH

Comment

I was shocked that this one weird trick that allowed me access to a new website. I was flabbergasted what I found out about fellow Rockwall residents. If it wasn't for the new law that the new law my insurance company hoped I would not find out about, I would still be paying hundreds more. In the mean time, every doctor I meet HATES me because I keep telling my friends about this one thing I added to my diet that has managed to make my pounds just melt off without any diet or exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                        I was shocked that this one weird trick that allowed me access to a new website. I was flabbergasted what I found out about fellow Rockwall residents. If it wasn't for the new law that the new law my insurance company hoped I would not find out about, I would still be paying hundreds more. In the mean time, every doctor I meet HATES me because I keep telling my friends about this one thing I added to my diet that has managed to make my pounds just melt off without any diet or exercise.
                        1.21 jiggawat?

Comment

do tell

Comment

Well?
                            WH

Comment

Working...
                            X