Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Quick update: weight has been pretty steady (155-157), all my lifts are going up. Did 4 work sets of 10 reps on lat pull downs @ 180lbs yesterday, which I haven't done in quite some time. There's something funny about having to wrist strap in and rock the bar down to the seat because it all outweighs you by 30lbs.
    I quit doing heavy pull downs because of that. Now I add kettle bells to a belt and do pull ups. I can do six wide grip with a 50# kettle now, and ten with 35#.

I've made huge gains in strength this year. I contribute a lot of it to me moving from dumb bells to barbell on bench and doing the weighted pull ups and dips.

I've gone from 156 in late Feb to 173 today. I've gained a little fat, but my waist is still at 30". Modifying diet next.

I need something to help with joint soreness. I'm not injuring anything, just as I've started lifting really heavy I'm sore a couple days in my elbows/shoulders/wrists.

Comment

• I may finally be getting a handle on this long-term diet concept, I was able to work out only twice in the two weeks I was on PTO, and still managed to net a 2lb loss. Portion control has been the key, as I haven't been in a position to prep meals while away, and active rest by doing a lot of walking, swimming, and even a little kayaking.

Up 'til now I have usually gained at least 5lbs on vacation, so I am quite stoked to see a negative number in it's place. Limited junk food and no alcohol are the key reasons, because otherwise I feel like I was able to eat pretty much what I wanted, and because I hadn't been on some hardcore diet just prior, I wasn't inclined to stuff my face just because it's all-inclusive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Limited junk food and no alcohol.
        That is what causes most weight gain, lay off that and most folks would lose weight quick. Ive never understood how most people do not get this concept. Good job on the net loss.

Comment

• Hit 154.x on the scale 3 days in a row, steady and positive weight loss.

On another note, I managed to hurt my shoulder Monday and have a mild AC sprain. So, lots of cardio (no heavy weights above the waist) for me over the next 2 weeks
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• I started a new diet/program last week (and it doesn't suck), and I'm down 6lbs. Started at 285, now at 279. I am tracking everything, and using data to stay motivated. My goal is to be 190 or under by graduation in May. The program I'm using says I'm on pace to get there by April, but I'm not leaving anything to chance.

Diet: Keto
            Workout: Ride my bike to class/walk the dogs every day
            ?????
            Profit
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Been out for so long on working out i lost motivation but, after having a fractured sternum. I am getting motivation back slowly. Amazing how one month of not being able to lift any amount of weight, you can lose muscle.

Comment

• I am getting ready for the half marathon in December. I ran 10.2 miles two weekends ago at a 9:05 pace. Last weekend was 9.3 miles right at a 9:00 even. The amazing part is I still weigh 209 lbs. I am going to do 12 miles this weekend.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• thats impressive Al.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    The amazing part is I still weigh 209 lbs.
                    Soon enough...

Comment

• I'm at 275 today. Feels pretty good to be ten pounds down. The struggle continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Soon enough...
                        Already there. Plus if my big black cock of death doesn't flop just right, it gets worn all to fuck.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          I'm at 275 today. Feels pretty good to be ten pounds down. The struggle continues.
                          Keep it up bro!

Not much new with me. Still doing my thing. Got lazy/bored for a while and shot back up to 245, but got it all under control and moving back in the right direction and currently sitting back at 233. 2.5 years and still keeping it off. It's a struggle at times, but It gives me something to work towards. Started a push/pull split to change things up and started throwing in cardio again at the end of each session.
                          2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                            Keep it up bro!

Not much new with me. Still doing my thing. Got lazy/bored for a while and shot back up to 245, but got it all under control and moving back in the right direction and currently sitting back at 233. 2.5 years and still keeping it off. It's a struggle at times, but It gives me something to work towards. Started a push/pull split to change things up and started throwing in cardio again at the end of each session.
                            Keep up the good progress guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                              Keep up the good progress guys.
                              Thanks man. I'm down another 2lbs this morning, and still feel really good. This keto diet is the shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                I am getting ready for the half marathon in December. I ran 10.2 miles two weekends ago at a 9:05 pace. Last weekend was 9.3 miles right at a 9:00 even. The amazing part is I still weigh 209 lbs. I am going to do 12 miles this weekend.
                                Which half is it in December? I am training for the Rock 'N Roll in March. Pretty pumped to hit that 13.1 milestone, will see if I go for the full after. Ran my first double digit run yesterday. Felt amazing afterwards, hip/pelvis is sore as hell today. I need to work on my fueling....

Comment

Working...
                                X