Purchased a smoker for the house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased a smoker for the house.

I finally purchased a smoker. I'm seasoning it this morning.

It's a Lone Star Grills insulated Vertical.

sigpic

nice !
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Picked this one up myself a few months ago. Leaking like crazy here but has stop since

07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Where's the food pics?

Comment

This is the only picture I took for some reason.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
            This is the only picture I took for some reason.

Looks tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
              Looks tasty!
              It was quite tasty. The pork shoulder turned out the best.
              sigpic

Comment

not much room for decent sized wood looks like...I guess mainly just wood chunks? In my smoker box its large enough I can place a 18" piece of split wood...I dig this vertical one!

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                  not much room for decent sized wood looks like...I guess mainly just wood chunks? In my smoker box its large enough I can place a 18" piece of split wood...I dig this vertical one!
                  With an insulated smoker, you dont need as much wood, they are a lot more efficient. That, plus his is a vertical, some lump charcoal will go a long way.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

what did it run ya? how many times did you flip the meat?

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      With an insulated smoker, you dont need as much wood, they are a lot more efficient. That, plus his is a vertical, some lump charcoal will go a long way.
                      What he said. This things is extremely tightly sealed so the smoke you make goes a long way. You generally run these off lump charcoal.

I ran it yesterday for about 12 hours on about 18 to 20lbs of lump charcoal and 2lbs of wood chunks at 275°. It used about 5 gallons of water/apple juice in the process in the water pan.
                      sigpic

Comment

You throwing a turkey in it today?

I'm trying my first brine/smoked turkey on my kamado grill today, hope I don't fuck it up, or people will be hungry! Gonna use some apple wood and maybe 1 chuck of hickory.

Comment

Comment

^^^ Nice, Roscoe!

Not sure how mine will taste, but it brined for 24 hours, then cooked for 3 1/2 between 350 and 325 most of the time. Got up to 400 once for about 20 minutes before I got her back down. Fucker was too big really, the foil scraped the top of the dome when it closed!

But, I will say it looked moist when I poked the thermometer in it to take the temp, juice did come out. Looks like crap tho :-( so I hope it is decent to eat!

Had less apple wood than I thought, so used about half apple and half hickory, maybe 40-60...

Comment

I did. Turned out great. I injected it last night. It cooked at 300* for about 3 1/2 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X