Pick -N- Pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick -N- Pull

Where's a good pick-n-pull to look for late model chevy parts? Need a DS mirror for the wife's Impala.
    G'Day Mate

I've had better luck with ebay. I recently bought a left mirror with the same paint code for my wife's Infiniti saving me about $600 than going with the dealer. I just had to be patient and wait for the right one.

An Impala may be more common in salvage yards though.

Comment

car-part.com
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Amazon or ebay, you get photos and free shipping usually.

Comment

I've bought more than a couple from Ebay, no tax and free shipping.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Amazon or ebay, you get photos and free shipping usually.
            This! And most likely cheaper than the junkyard too
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              I've had better luck with ebay.
              Another vote for ebay. Junkyards are usually higher priced.
              WH

Comment

Thanks for the info guys
                G'Day Mate

Comment

I hate Pick N Pull
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                    I hate Pick N Pull
                    You don't like paying a fee to get in, being searched, paying too much for the part, AND getting taxed at 15% thanks to their environmental tax? What's wrong with you man?

Ever since they started with the insane tax, I rarely go, it's usually not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      You don't like paying a fee to get in, being searched, paying too much for the part, AND getting taxed at 15% thanks to their environmental tax? What's wrong with you man?

Ever since they started with the insane tax, I rarely go, it's usually not worth it.
                      Exactly.....I'm not going to pay for a part that is same price as it is new.

80 bucks for a pair of headlights when I can buy new all over the internet for same price. Told lady at counter she could keep them. Waste of my time pulling them. She then dropped them in a bucket like they were trash.
                      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                        Exactly.....I'm not going to pay for a part that is same price as it is new.

80 bucks for a pair of headlights when I can buy new all over the internet for same price. Told lady at counter she could keep them. Waste of my time pulling them. She then dropped them in a bucket like they were trash.
                        Man, I went to the one in Dallas a couple of years ago and the checkout lady was a piece of work....talk about a ghetto ass woman. But I'm sure they have to deal with a bunch people complaining about their overpriced parts so it takes some that can roll with the punches.

Pick n Pull use to be the spot for me back when I was sourcing parts for my 78 F150 or my Fox coupe. But as said already, their prices now and their tax is a joke.

Comment

Sometimes it's worth it when they have their 50% off sales.

Or when your car is down and you need the part. On my 04' Cavalier, one day it for some reason started running off two cylinders. It was either the ignition control module, or the coils themselves. Both parts, brand new at auto parts stores, would have run me $150, eBay would have got me the part in 3 days. Went to Pick N Pull, paid $43 for both out of a 2005 Cobalt, back in business that night.

Comment

I miss the old yards. Not many around anymore or the ones that are don't like for people to just walk around. I loved roaming around and looking at old stuff and figuring out what would swap or substitute.

Comment

Working...
                            X