X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      yay!!! more brodozers pulling trailer rigs that are way too big for that platform.
      this x10000000. 1 ton trucks don't have enough brakes to be doing what most are trying to do.
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

who's the new engine builder on the board and what sort of engine dyno do you own?
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          who's the new engine builder on the board and what sort of engine dyno do you own?
          You may be referring to something that I posted earlier in this thread.

I build my own engine but I don't do it for a living. Before I started doing pools I was planning on opening a shop similar to the ones I had been working at and bought a Land and Sea dyno; plans changed and I have never even taken it out of the crates. Now that I think about this it pisses me off and depresses me, I've had this thing for going on fifteen years now.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

my stuska that runs about 3 days a week..

nevermind, i dont have time to learn how to post pictures all over again
            Last edited by Grape; 02-21-2019, 04:25 PM.
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
              my stuska that runs about 3 days a week..

nevermind, i dont have time to learn how to post pictures all over again
              Photobucket works again if you were used to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Will respond later. Heading to dinner at Trump in DC
                Wondering if SVO paid you off from his vault of smuggled Krugerrand to keep you from posting.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Wondering if SVO paid you off from his vault of smuggled Krugerrand to keep you from posting.
                  You don't have to smuggle krugerrands, there are stores all over Dallas that will sell you as many of them as you want. The last ones I picked up I actually found in the trash.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Right. Who doesn't have a cache of krugerrand lying around. I meant the other vault of bullion from India!

Comment

First off, I don't even own a diesel powered vehicle, so I don't care about tuners, dyno runs, rolling coal, tractor pulls, etc. My work in the industry right now is supporting a fuel producer which means I work with the big engine OEMs, regulators who get to decide how many more years we all get to have diesel engines, the industry groups working to keep HD diesel alive and fend off electric/CNG/LNG/hydrogen, etc. I feel like anything I say (knowing I care about staying inside that 'legal' box) could just as easily be countered by someone who doesn't give a shit and just wants to make dyno pulls.

Example:
                      Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      As a matter of fact, on every engine the limiting factor for the power that you can make is the exhaust valve temperature assuming the block and bottom end can handle the stress. This applies to gasoline engines as well.
                      Depends who you ask and what part of the power band / duty cycle you're talking about. At low speed, high load valves are a secondary concern... if smoke is a concern... which it isn't if you're just going full-retard.

Parameters Limiting Engine Output

So for anyone who wants some light reading, here's an 80 page paper called Fundamentals of Diesel Engine Technology. Written in 1988 by a guy at Cummins (who is now one of the top researchers and advisors at Southwest Research Institute, one of the best engine labs in the world), this is the first thing I read when I started my internship at Cummins 13 years ago. I put it in my Google Drive folder so let me know if the link doesn't work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ly...ew?usp=sharing

As for the fuel vs boost shit, I think you guys are just talking past each other, because we all know damn well that everything has to play well together and be tuned in proportion.
                      Yes, increasing boost will lower EGTs, but that will also increase charge air temp... increased charge air temp can adversely affect EGT, emissions, etc. There are tradeoffs everywhere.
                      Last edited by Strychnine; 02-24-2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        First off, I don't even own a diesel powered vehicle, so I don't care about tuners, dyno runs, rolling coal, tractor pulls, etc. My work in the industry right now is supporting a fuel producer which means I work with the big engine OEMs, regulators who get to decide how many more years we all get to have diesel engines, the industry groups working to keep HD diesel alive and fend off electric/CNG/LNG/hydrogen, etc. I feel like anything I say (knowing I care about staying inside that 'legal' box) could just as easily be countered by someone who doesn't give a shit and just wants to make dyno pulls.

Example:

Depends who you ask and what part of the power band / duty cycle you're talking about. At low speed, high load valves are a secondary concern... if smoke is a concern... which it isn't if you're just going full-retard.

Parameters Limiting Engine Output

So for anyone who wants some light reading, here's an 80 page paper called Fundamentals of Diesel Engine Technology. Written in 1988 by a guy at Cummins (who is now one of the top researchers and advisors at Southwest Research Institute, one of the best engine labs in the world), this is the first thing I read when I started my internship at Cummins 13 years ago. I put it in my Google Drive folder so let me know if the link doesn't work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ly...ew?usp=sharing

As for the fuel vs boost shit, I think you guys are just talking past each other, because we all know damn well that everything has to play well together and be tuned in proportion.
                        Yes, increasing boost will lower EGTs, but that will also increase charge air temp... increased charge air temp can adversely affect EGT, emissions, etc. There are tradeoffs everywhere.
                        SWRI, best jobs in San Antonio. My dad worked in auto testing there long ago...

Comment

Working...
                        X