Spencer might be holding out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer might be holding out

He isn't important enough to think he has any leverage with negotiations, IMO.

Spencer makes waves, but nothing's really changed

by OR MOYAL
    WFAA Sports
    Posted on April 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Updated yesterday at 7:45 PM

Anthony Spencer is not what ails the Cowboys. The degree of Spencer's unrealized potential continually irritates the team's fans, but he's more than good enough to start on a championship-contending team. As is, the Cowboys are not serious championship contenders. They also offered Spencer the franchise tender of $8.8 Million to stay in Dallas throughout the 2012 season. Spencer, though, hasn't signed the tender.

Today we found out that he switched agents, from Roosevelt Barnes to Jordan Woy. And just to make sure he stayed relevant, Spencer capped off the day by skipping the team's voluntary workout. Clearly, the Outside Linebacker is eyeing more than the one-year commitment offered by the team. The cat-and-mouse game is unfortunate and petty, but it's the way NFL business is now done.

I think Spencer ultimately gets a three- or four-year offer from the Cowboys and I think he takes it. NFL careers start bright and fizzle fast, and even quality players like Spencer prefer the security of guaranteed, multi-year contracts over uncertainty and constant rolls of the dice.

The Cowboys have a multitude of glaring needs throughout the roster. Locking up Spencer would almost certainly give the team greater cap flexibility for this year (It's hard to imagine him getting more than the $8.8M franchise tender in the first year of a long-term contract). It would also solidify the Cowboys' OLB depth chart for the foreseeable future, leaving them free to improve in the secondary and defensive line.

Just be patient. And don't let the antics frustrate you too much. This is just what football players do now.

waah waah waah, someone go get this guy some towels so that way he can get the sand out of his vagina
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Send him to Pittsburgh.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

What a queer...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I hate to see it happen, but GTFO. I have no patience for entitlement driven hold outs, especially when it's my favorite team. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out, fat fuck.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

trade him to st. louis...he will not be missed in the Big D.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X