Uh Baylor Oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Baylor Oh

Who said cheaters never win? We all knew Baylor had to...

The men's and women's basketball programs at Baylor University are facing possible NCAA sanctions following an investigation that uncovered more than 1,200 impermissible phone calls and text messages during a 29-month span.

That sucks.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Saw that. Wonder if they'll strip the title and bowl win?

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
        Who said cheaters never win? We all knew Baylor had to...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ncaa-sanctions
        The irony of you talking about cheating...

Comment

Nothing that isn't going on in every single D1 program in the nation. Think there might be a bit of a stretch on the NCAA's behalf given that they're citing violations in the Equestrian program. More selective enforcement from the NCAA of minor violations against a small school and making a big stink so they look like they're doing some good, all the while ignoring the egregious violations going on at the Kentuckys and USCs and Texases of college sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Nothing that isn't going on in every single D1 program in the nation. Think there might be a bit of a stretch on the NCAA's behalf given that they're citing violations in the Equestrian program. More selective enforcement from the NCAA of minor violations against a small school and making a big stink so they look like they're doing some good, all the while ignoring the egregious violations going on at the Kentuckys and USCs and Texases of college sports.
            What violations has Texas been accused of again?

First the murder and subsequent cover up, now this. Not good. It figures that for the first time in the history of sports Baylor is somewhat relevant and they got there by cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
              What violations has Texas been accused of again?

First the murder and subsequent cover up, now this. Not good. It figures that for the first time in the history of sports Baylor is somewhat relevant and they got there by cheating.
              Not making any specific allegations against Texas, but I've had some rather enlightening conversations with a mutual friend that played baseball down there, if you're trying to act like the program is whistle clean. Nothing major, but it involved pretty straightforward interaction with boosters that was clearly inappropriate. Same shit that goes on everywhere, though.

And my god dude, do you really think these phone calls are what propelled Baylor to this athletic season? Honestly?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                Saw that. Wonder if they'll strip the title and bowl win?
                I don't see how the Bears football team of this year should be punished for something that happened 3+ years ago. If anything, the coaches, administration, and recruiting staff should be fined and suspended for their actions.

Comment

Ohio State was caught cheating and got to keep a National Championship, so Baylor is probably pretty safe. It's also funny that the defense is that the other, bigger D1 schools do it.

Sad.

And yes, it likely had very little to do how the team did last year.

Cheaters!
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

That's a broad brush..."every single D1 program"? Pretty bad attempt at a deflection. Not long ago, you wouldn't want to get caught fucking in the standing position at Baylor for fear of being accused of dancing. Now it's OK to break NCAA regulations? LOL!
                    Last edited by Vertnut; 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      That's a broad brush..."every single D1 program"? Pretty bad attempt at a deflection. Not long ago, you wouldn't want to get caught fucking in the standing position at Baylor for fear of being accused of dancing. Now it's OK to break NCAA regulations? LOL!
                      The same regulations that would have allowed for an e-mail but not a text message? Jesus Christ, dude. It's not like we're talking about schools buying fucking Trans-Ams for kids. And tell me you honestly believe that a few ill-timed phone calls gave "scrubby little Baylor" a competitive edge in recruiting.

The NCAA just wrapped up a 3 year investigation and the worst they could come up with was a series of impermissible text messages and phone calls. There's not a competitive program in the country that wouldn't be plenty satisfied with that result.

Comment

Look at it like this. Baylor is not one of the "cool kids" when it comes to D1 athletics. If you're hosting a bowl game do you want OU, UT and the like or do you want Baylor? The NCAA selectively enforces the rules to keep their favorites happy. BS if you ask me....

Comment

The same regulations that would have allowed for an e-mail but not a text message? Jesus Christ, dude. It's not like we're talking about schools buying fucking Trans-Ams for kids. And tell me you honestly believe that a few ill-timed phone calls gave "scrubby little Baylor" a competitive edge in recruiting.

The NCAA just wrapped up a 3 year investigation and the worst they could come up with was a series of impermissible text messages and phone calls. There's not a competitive program in the country that wouldn't be plenty satisfied with that result.
                          It's funny that Baylor gains a little notoriety, and they screw it up. You give me so much grief over my UT ties, I couldn't help it. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            It's funny that Baylor gains a little notoriety, and they screw it up. You give me so much grief over my UT ties, I couldn't help it. LOL!
                            God man, it would just tear a hole in your own little space time continuum to have Baylor taste a little success without something you could possibly qualify it with. You guys are getting pretty petulant about a program that's supposed to be completely inconsequential.

Comment

Not surprised... in the past few years they have gone from nothing to full scale awesome in basketball and football. Now we know why.
                              Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                              X