Online Tax preparation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I didn't hear anything about Turbotax, which isn't saying much, what is the scoop on that?
    They changed their packages that they have had for years. People would always buy Deluxe package and for some reason some simple deductions people always would take was no longer available on that package. They bought the $25-35 package then forced to upgrade to the $55 package. Their stocks took a 25% hit last year because of it. People were pissed and just ditched them. HR Block really stepped up their game that year lowering prices to get people to switch and they did.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      They changed their packages that they have had for years. People would always buy Deluxe package and for some reason some simple deductions people always would take was no longer available on that package. They bought the $25-35 package then forced to upgrade to the $55 package. Their stocks took a 25% hit last year because of it. People were pissed and just ditched them. HR Block really stepped up their game that year lowering prices to get people to switch and they did.
      That hit wasn't from that - that happened late 2014/early 2015.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        ftfy..
        Thanks, yeah W4. Just got with 1099's at work so has W9 on the brain.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        No, I posted that she didn't take one at all.
        Guess I should have went back and re-read what you wrote before rambling.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Tax Pros -

My Wife teaches dance and Judges cheer on the side.. What can we write off ?

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
            Thanks, yeah W4. Just got with 1099's at work so has W9 on the brain.

Guess I should have went back and re-read what you wrote before rambling.
            Although we are all Scrooge McDuck rich, and have 12" dicks, we still have off days from time to time.

Comment

well.... theres this

The IRS stopped accepting electronically filed tax returns Wednesday because of problems with some of its computer systems. The outage could affect refunds, but the agency said it doesn’t anticipate “major disruptions.” As of Thursday morning, the IRS had not responded to requests for comment with specific information on when the online functions would be back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                I believe that has been resolved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Filed mine on my ipad with the Turbo Tax app last week and my refund was already in my bank account. Damn that was fast.

Comment

Just throwing this out there for those that might need/want some help. My wife is a CPA and does her family and a few friend's taxes. She preps everything for them and then has them submit either electronically or through the mail. She doesn't charge, just takes whatever money they choose to give her.

H&R Block told her cousin(a roughneck) two years ago that he was only getting ~$2500 back and then charged him $800 to prep and file. She filed an amended return and got him another $4800 back.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      Just throwing this out there for those that might need/want some help. My wife is a CPA and does her family and a few friend's taxes. She preps everything for them and then has them submit either electronically or through the mail. She doesn't charge, just takes whatever money they choose to give her.

H&R Block told her cousin(a roughneck) two years ago that he was only getting ~$2500 back and then charged him $800 to prep and file. She filed an amended return and got him another $4800 back.
                      $800??? What the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        $800??? What the hell?
                        24 yr old, making over 100k in the OK oil fields and driving back to Texas every two weeks. They saw a sucker coming. They didn't figure in his mileage on his truck, depreciation, etc... He had all kinds of deductions that they overlooked, and still charged him out the ass.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

What's her location?
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            What's her location?
                            We live in Rockwall, but she works in Richardson and we're in and out of downtown all the time.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

$800??? What the hell?
                              That's what I mean about dicking people. There doesn't appear to be flat rates or scales. They figure out how much they can f* someone for and try to get it. They must get commission.

I had a girlfriend of a friend literally have a $24k W2 and a like $10 1099 from her bank for interest income. They charged her over $300 to do her return because she didn't know any better. That is like a 3 minute 1040EZ tax return filing online for free and H&R Block bent her over because she was poor and gullible.

It's pretty messed up.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

I use Turbo Tax (purchased). Turbo Tax did screw with people on the "upgrade" for what used to be standard features, and then they quickly backpedaled.

We have never had someone do it, and I feel we may be missing out on some credits such as working from home and its write off potential.
                                If you have a "dedicated" home office, you can deduct that square footage "cost" from the home value (percent of square footage, home value per square foot), as well as the same percent on phone, electricity, etc.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X